• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Smackdown! discussion thread

This Guy

I assume its going to be 60 for the PS3? I bet it is. And if it is, Im renting it. :)

$59.99 is the current list price canadian for the ps3 version

im paying £40 for my copy for 360 which is equivalent to something like $70

Not bad, better then your ps2 buddy a couple posts up, but its listed as $59.99 Canadian right now for 360.

Obviously though folks prices as always are subject to change.

Kassidy

In the US the pricing is

PS2- $50
PS3- $60 normal - $70 Special
PSP- $40
Wii- $50
NDS- $30
X360- $60
Game guide- $20

O Canada. As far as the PS2 goes, it needs to die. Its the next generation of games and well it should be like Nintendo and Microsoft, say fuck the previous generation owners and force them to get the modern one. I fell into that trap and now I own a 360, just waiting for it die on me.
..Well thats enough of that.

NEW PICS! (Caw mode for PS2)
...Oh how lucky you guys are I just found the video of it lol.

NEW VIDEOS!
CAW mode for PS2
The New Breed Entrance
Cena vs. Shad
The Pounce!!!
...ok that last one is a super mini clip of the entire moveset video. That moveset video didnt truly show anything new besides the pouce so there ya go.

BTW according to CAW.WS, Gamingring is pissed that everyone keeps posting their videos on you tube. So don't expect new coverage from them since I doubt people will stop.

Afterthought: Ok now that ive seen the entire CAW video. This better be a joke or be better on the 360 and PS3 cus this is bullshit. I know they arent fucking filling the entire disc space now. Even this compared to last years is a downgrade and thats saying alot. I guess its against the law or something for THQ or Yukes to actually put more in than last year. Dont give me that new styles and graphics took up all the space. Look at the 360 and PS3 discs they hold at least twice as much information than Wii and PS2 discs. Enough bitching by me, im a hypocrite anyway cus im still gonna get it. Im pretty creative in CAW mode so it will be a nice challenge for me.

Well atleast the gameplay is still fun to me. Closest thing im gonna get to NM/DOR w/o actually going back in time.

Kassidy

^^ actually GR is still doing their coverage, there is a vid of a Elimination Chamber match, and they have their review of the game tonight. But i do agree with GR people should stop being assholes, its free to join GR so how people actually just sign ip its not hard. Me i follow rules, im a ign insider and if I wanted to i could upload their cyber sunday and SS sims but it wouldnt be fair to people like me who pay to be insiders and get these exclusives.

Kassidy

ok here is GR's review of all the systems, Ign's are coming friday

On hand at the event were final review builds of the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS and Sony PSP versions of the game. Gamingring Webmaster Mike Regan and Co-webmaster Charles Shane each give their hands on impressions of all 6 versions of the game. Look for "Exclusive" Video footage from the event as well as interviews with the development staff and WWE talent.

Xbox 360 Version WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Mike Regan: I have to admit I was shocked on how much better the Xbox 360 version looks from the other versions. There were so many details that I noticed that Xbox 360 version is sporting this year. First you have the incredible texture on the ring mat. The way the real life shadows from the Ringropes show on the mat. I was very impressed of the way the ring apron flowed and reacted to the actions in the ring. Graphically this is the version to get if you have a high definition TV.

Charles Shane: Gameplay is what really stood out for me with this game. The ultimate control moves now can be reversed as well as the new total control submission moves can now be applied using the joy stick which makes it alot more intuitive than using buttons to time the meter. Another huge aspect that I think changes the game completely is the new fighting styles. There are so many nuances that this helps bring to the gameplay. Each styles has their special abilities (especially my favorite the hardcore fight style) What it does in a nut shell is have the wrestlers play very differently from each other. The Undertaker has a different style than a Rey Mysterio and the fighting styles makes the contrast even more prominent.

Playstation 3 Version WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Mike Regan: Wow! To say that I was very disapointed after playing the Playstation 3 version of the game would be the understatement of the year. Graphically this game is hurting. The crowd looks blury where as compared to the 360 version the crowd is crystal clear. You can even make out THQ development team member Bryan Williams as a plant in the crowd. The wrestlers themselves are hurt by jaggies. Ugly nasty jaggies which make the wrestlers eyes and mouths look like they have outlines of light. While I do appreciate the amount of effort that it took to get this version even close to the 360 version in my opinion it just isnt there yet.

Nintendo WII version WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Mike Regan: While I am not sure exactly what I was doing. I can tell you after playing I had a great time doing it. Graphically this game looks good. While its not up to the standards set by the Xbox 360 and to a lesser extent the PS3, it does hold up very well against the PS2 version and in some cases outshines it. I think that this will be the ultimate party game. I had a blast trying out all of the different user controled taunts. Like the Undertaker thumb against the throat gesture or the Ric Flair Strut. This game is all about being easy to pick up and play and having fun. By the way your Miis do make an appearance in the game.

Nintendo DS version WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Charles Shane: If your waiting on playing the Nintendo DS version of the game, just imagine playing Wario Ware minigames to control your wrestlers on screen. If an opponent grapples you, you simply tap a hotspot using the stylus back and forth to break free. It was very easy to pick up and play immediately I was also impressed with the games graphics.

Sony Playstation Portable WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Mike Regan: I was impressed with this game the most. I didnt really have a whole lot of time checking out the various modes in the PSP version but graphically and at least control wise THQ put all of the content from the PS2 version in this game. In fact the PSP has the largest roster on any of the different versions. They did a remarkable job of porting this over to the PSP.

Be sure to check back this week once we get back for all of our "Exclusive" video coverage of the event and the interviews. Were about to head off to the PPV event.

lol is what i say to ps3 owners for this game

I was reading gamemasters and they had review of it on 360,ds,psp,wii,ps2 and they gave 360 the highest with 86% and all the others kinda pushed 80% mark but for the ds it said 55% and they had a few pics and the graphics looked horrible and they said you end up just doing the same moves with every match thats probs why he said so easy to pick up and play lol

svr07 was first wrestling game I had bought besides the wcw mayem one for my ps1 like 8 years ago lol also apparently in game masters they said for the career mode/24/7 you cant play as dreamer right away because ECW come in as a storyline or something

Here is the list for the superstars in 24/7 mode. Supposedly from Gamingring, sounds extremely limited and I heard something about why you cant play as any ECW guys. During 24/7 mode, half way through the ECW superstars invade Raw and Smackdown hence the title, so maybe 24/7 is more story than season mode.

HBK
HHH
Undertaker
William Regal
Batista
Carlito
Chavo
Chris Master
Edge
Jeff Hardy
Cena
Johnny Nitro
Kane
King Booker
Matt Hardy
Mr. Kennedy
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Ric flair

Im personally not thrilled by the list. From the given list I know im only gonna play as Carlito and Kennedy. It better be a good story if its limited this badly. :angry:

Kassidy

^^^ yup, I already said once that you can only go through with like 19 superstars, it sucks but i really dont care cuz most likely im only doing with jeff, orton, kennedy, and my CAWs

most the people I would play it through with are already there so I dont mind to much although I would of probs done it with punk aswell I wonder if you play as Matt or Jeff one of them gets traded to other roster and reunites the hardys for a bit or something lol so you can be tag champs for a while then they fall out or something and one goes back to there original brand or something