Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
ye u guys are right on that main people I played with last game where taker,cena,orton,edge,kane,triple h,batista the guy i created to try to be like jeff hardy lol and few others but there main ones I can remember of top of my head.

But in new one the ones i will probs use quite alot from updated roster are
CM punk
Jeff hardy
MVP

also in svr08 is Big daddy v going to go under that name or just vecera still?

Reaction score
was watching a vid few pages back I didnt know it let u set fire to tables and stuff in svr08 thats cool and when I get it I wanna try that mid air RKO lol

Enigma22

Reaction score
im in the middle of downloading the demo. it looks like its gonna be a raw game.

Weebo

Reaction score
you all know that Kurt Angle will most likely be the most created superstar just like Jeff Hardy was on the last couple of the SVR games

Oh and do u guys think they will release a downloadable demo for the PSP

Kassidy

Reaction score
No demo for any system besides the 360 from what i know cuz it only comes out next month and it the only demo out

Reaction score
I highly doubt a demo for psp or any other system besides 360. Its kinda too late for a demo, it releases in a few weeks anyway.

Reaction score
Are we allowed to use Khali, Finlay, or Umaga in season mode? because in 07 you couldn't use finlay khali and umaga in season mode.

Reaction score
Well seeing as how its only 20 or so eligible for 24/7 mode. I doubt Khali and Umaga are able to be in it since they dont speak english in WWE. Finlay may be able to go through 24/7 mode atleast.

Kassidy

Reaction score
SVR '08: Tournament and Hall of Fame Breakdown

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20071022091050315-000.jpg

The SmackDown! vs. Raw series has always been first and foremost about the fans, so when players asked for the return of tournament-style gameplay, we gave it to them. In WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008, we're taking last year's popular PSP-exclusive Road To WrestleMania Mode and expanding it to give users even more tournament types as well as options to create their very own brackets for participation.

The main components of the mode are the King of the Ring and the brand new Beat The Clock Sprint tournaments. Inspired by the historic reign of RAW Superstar King Booker, the King of the Ring tourney throws players right in the middle of a single-elimination battle for the crown. If the player can outlast the 15 other Superstars, he gets to choose a WWE Diva as his queen and is treated to a special coronation ceremony that is truly fit for a king. The Beat the Clock Sprint is a unique tournament that was featured in both SmackDown and RAW programming this year and is the perfect addition to WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008's Tournament Mode. The bracket consists of one round of singles or tag team matches with up to 16 participants, where the object is simple: the Superstar who beats their opponents in the fastest time will be crowned the winner.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20071022091047128-000.jpg

In addition, players can build their very own tournament experience by selecting our Create Tournament feature. Players have the option of tailoring King of the Ring, SmackDown vs. Raw, Road to WrestleMania and Money in the Bank brackets to their liking, even putting WWE Championships on the line. And for the first time ever, users can create and name their own custom tournaments, with up to 16 Superstars, where the winner takes all.

Hall of Fame Mode

Being inducted into the hallowed halls of the WWE Hall of Fame is the ultimate goal for every Superstar that steps foot in a WWE ring. In WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008, players can attempt to do just that by recreating some of the greatest moments in WWE History.

The Road to the WWE Hall of Fame begins on January 22, 1995; the day Shawn Michaels entered the Royal Rumble as the first participant and outlasted 29 other men to stand victorious in the end. Players can then complete in various challenges along the timeline: reliving Bret Hart and HBK's epic WrestleMania XII Iron Man Match; using the Undertaker to defeat Mick Foley's in their brutal 1998 Hell in the Cell Match and taking on the Hardys in the first-ever TLC Match at SummerSlam 2000.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20071022091051800-000.jpg

Each time a player completes a challenge, his Hall of Fame meter will fill as he rises from Jobber to Main Eventer to finally Hall of Famer. WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008's Hall of Fame Mode is reserved for only the best of the best. Do you have what it takes to cement your place in WWE history?

the dark knight

ok, now i cant wait to get the game. sounds interesting........

Reaction score
Updates, updates!

Pics of Rick Rude, Austin, The Rock and the Wrestlemania 23 arena from play magazine.
sta60002im4.jpg

Cryme Tyme tag team, Mick Foley entrances and music video. The videos show the entrances, moves and taunts etc etc.
Cryme Tyme
Mick Foley

All I have to say is Wrestlemania 23 arena is godly and Cryme Tyme's entrance is freaking awesome!

...Maybe if I keep snooping around the net I will find CAW pics and maybe more videos!