Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

btman

Reaction score
This game looks wicked.. But yeah a lying down RKO would be badass.

Kassidy

Reaction score
what would you guys rather have, Stalking RKO or the Punt?

also i wish they could have reversals like this with finishers, so if you blocked someones finisher instead of a animation showing you blocked any move like in 07, you could block a finisher and they would just push them away, i say they should go into the finisher but half way into your guy takes over and has a chance to hit his finisher if you have one stored, like in the old games if you block the angle slam you slide off his shoulder, or takers last ride youd go up the punch him in the face, Well what im saying is, like after you slide off kurts shoulders I could have a chance right there just to hit my trigger and it would go into the RKO. what do you guys think?

[YT]E0pL_cm78vo[/YT]

Also new info will be in on Sept 3 monday about the roster i believe

Kassidy

Reaction score
Breaking news update

Playstation 3 Magazine Play3 confirmed the Create-a-Move-Modus for Smackdown vs. Raw 2008. The Magazine will be sold in Germany within the next few days.

highlighted the important Part for you (Scan). It`s not a bogus like many infos from the Internet because this information is from Yukes and THQ.

Original:
"Sollte eine Aktion dennoch nicht enthalten sein, können Fans diese auch im Create-A-Move-Modus nachbauen"

English:
If a Move is not included, Fans can build this Move with the Create-a-Move-Mode on their own.

Scan:
scanzc4.jpg

btman

Reaction score
Burning Hammer <3. Off the top rope German Suplex (Where they land on their stomach). The possibilities get me giddy!

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^ same here my friend, i get to create hopefully my efed finishers :) finally fully custom caw

the dark knight

wont it be complicated and hard to create moves?

also, is it exclusive to the PS3?

Kassidy

Reaction score
there is nothing so far that is exclusive to the ps3, they are just not yet confirmed by xbox. new confirmed info from ign is coming out monday so that should tell us what systems its going to be on and how it works. Just because its in the ps mag doesnt mean its a exclusive, so far the only exclusive system is the wii and DS, they are going to be a completely diff game said by the team at THQ, The wii has no stamina system at all its all about how tired you are lol. and i dont know anything more than that, also there may be a edit mode were you can finally change the look of superstars instead of trying to make them, and a new weapon is out a smashable guitar, Honky tonk maybe as a legend?

img026.jpg

Things notices in videos

Number 1:Trash Cans On side of the ring,and the lock means submission fighting style...

cmandelijahfigthingonthsr9.jpg

Number 2:New place to get tables...

newplacetogetthetableseh9.jpg

Number3: Samoa Tatoo for Umaga

samoajd1.jpg

Number4: Season Featuring Mark Henry,Mr.Kennedy,and Yes Gregory Helms.

anhotherseasonhp2.jpg

Kassidy

Reaction score
also Punk doesnt have the pepsi tattoo as you can see his shoulder is left blank

This Guy

CM Punk will also not have his Cobra Symbol tattoo either as both it and the Pepsi logo are registered trade marks of other companies. Also since last year it appears that THQ has decided to make the games the same across the board for each consol platform. Its believed that part of the reason why some of the previous games failed to produce in sales was the fact that the features were different and the game was different from platform to platform. I would not expect any differences except on the hand helds where they really don;t have much of a choice except to be different.