Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
^^I think 24/7 is about singles wrestling but I'm not sure. It'd be pretty cool if you could be tag team in 24/7 but I can't see it happening really...

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ yea so far there is nothing about being able to be a tag team

Reaction score
So is the whole "short matches" thing going to be fixed because I sure hope it is. Also, I really wish that they would do away with the L1 Finisher thing. A finisher should be part of a wrestlers particular moveset, without having to "race to it" (referring to the momentum meter) to beat your opponent. But still, you should have to build up for a long while before being able to hit the finisher.

I also hope theyre going to fix the whole "KO'd position" when you or your opponent is sprawled out across the mat, with arms and legs completely spread out. Everytime this happens, a sure pinfall is about to happen, which means after like 6 minutes, you can beat your opponent after a headlock is released or something. Its very annoying, not to mention unrealistic. Match lengths in general in this series have to extend, to make it a more enjoyable expirience.

Switchy

Reaction score
No, if you are Undertakr it doesn't take long to reach legend status but if you are a CAW or someone like Elijah Burke it'll take much longer.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
So is the whole "short matches" thing going to be fixed because I sure hope it is. Also, I really wish that they would do away with the L1 Finisher thing. A finisher should be part of a wrestlers particular moveset, without having to "race to it" (referring to the momentum meter) to beat your opponent. But still, you should have to build up for a long while before being able to hit the finisher.

Self Contradiction?

Reaction score

well then just dont use it right away........

Reaction score
Self Contradiction?

Well it would be if you actually HAD to build up to your finisher in SvR 07. I can hit my finisher 3 minutes into the match, and win it in that time to. When I say build up, I mean 12-15 minutes, before you can even THINK about hitting your finisher. I just want to also do away with the momentum meter, and make a wrestlers finisher part of their regular moveset, obviously in a strong grapple of some sort (if the finisher is in the grapple).

Reaction score
^^If it was in the normal move section then there would be no building up at all...

Yes, but going for your biggest moves in the beggining, or even middle of the match should always warrant a reversal. It would add actual strategy to the game, and force players to actually have a plan for beating their opponent. Matches would last longer as well. I mean you never see RVD hit a 5 Star Frog Splash, 3 minutes into a match do you? Hell you never even see him attempt one 3 minutes in. I'd say 99% of SvR 07 matches end with me hitting the finisher without a lot of effort. It would also open up other ways to win matches, thus expanding the replay value of the game.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
you dont HAVE to use your finisher. you dont HAVE to pin them that early. i usually just keep playing till i get bored then pin them.

you can also turn up the level your playing on. make it harder.

Reaction score
you dont HAVE to use your finisher. you dont HAVE to pin them that early. i usually just keep playing till i get bored then pin them.

you can also turn up the level your playing on. make it harder.

Yeah, of course the difficulty can be changed. What do you think I'm playing this game on easy or medium lol?

You just proved my other point as well. You get bored after dominating them and then pin them. This game takes zero skill level to play because you can pull off any move at anytime. It has no strategy. Its just, keep hitting your opponent with any move you want, until you can hit your finisher and end it.