Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I was on a website awhile ago and had a confirmed roster so far. Undertaker was on there and it said Deadman/Big Evil, so I think we might see the American Badass on this game. Plus we are getting Marcus Cor Von this year, first ex-TNA superstar on this game I believe except for Jeff.

Switchy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was what you were trying to explain but it's basically building on your idea of the bar. There should be a bar going down the left or right side of the screen with how excited the fans are. A boring match which has like too much ground wrestling for example with result in a low bar but a match which has several spots (top rope moves, diving out of the ring) would build the bar up and it would affect your characters popularity altogether in season mode.
so if your a big man your fucked?

I wouldn't say that I made an example with the top rope and highflying moves but I just realised with the new fighting styles system, the bar could go up for say, hardcore wrestlers by using weapos or powerhouses by nailing a powerful move etc.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
oh yeah. i forgot about the fighting styles

like hardcore youre bar would go up for weapons

technical for doing like suplxes

power for slams

tat stuff

Bradders

Reaction score
This game apparently has the largest roster EVER. Also a question, how do you get saves on to your Xbox 360?

Bradders

Reaction score
Yes I heard you can use Special Moves like the Super Kick to eliminate people.

Switchy

Reaction score
A problem with the RR for me is the tag team thing. I know it may not be possible but I reckon if you're say Matt Hardy and Jeff (CPU) comes in, he won't attack you unless you're the only 2 in the ring etc. I know it's only minor but that really bugs me when I'm playing a RR.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Well just watched a new vid and saw a few new things, there are new pinning animations and Jeff had some nice moves. Stamina system is gone kinda, now you have to rest or eventually you get tired and will go down for a ten count.

http://caws.ws/svr2008/#vids

Kassidy

Reaction score
cmpunkpm4.jpg

Hitman

Reaction score
Here's 4 New Pics of Smackdown vs RAW 2008

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008cmpunkvsel.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-ShawnMica.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-sandmanvs.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008ricflairvs.jpg

*edit - Please remember to press enter inbetween each image code so the pictures scroll downward instead of across. Thank You*

Kassidy

Reaction score
I already posted one of those so its not 4

August 15, 2007 - If you're a professional wresting fan, we don't have to tell you -- WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 is coming. However, the wait hasn't been -- and isn't going to be -- easy. Each week, WWE Superstars duke it out on TV, and you end up sadly glancing at your videogame machine and praying that the faces and heels will make haste to the digital world.

Today, the wait is a bit easier. THQ has announced the next seven superstars for this year's game: Elijah Burke, Carlito, CM Punk, the Innovator of Violence Tommy Dreamer, the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, the Nature Boy Ric Flair and Mr. Kennedy … Kennedy!

The seven join the previously announced roster of Jeff Hardy, Sandman, Undertaker, Bobby Lashley, Kane, Triple H, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Chris Masters and Randy Orton. The company's three commentary teams will join the 17 named superstars as well as a plethora of others on the final roster.

Want to know which wrestlers will make the final line-up? Check out IGN's exclusive on September 3 and look for the annual countdown to follow in the near future.