Official ROH Boiling Point iPPV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The 'fans' were apparently students of Bob Evans:

PWInsider said:
Since we have received so many emails about ROH champion Kevin Steen legitimately attacking fans last night at the close of the ROH Boiling Point iPPV, I wanted to let everyone so angered and upset about the situation know that the incident was a planned angle.

Numerous ROH sources have indicated that the "fans" involved were actually students of Bob Evans who did a tremendous job in getting themselves over as actual fans all night and then did an even better job in selling the attack.

So, for everyone writing about how terrible ROH is for not addressing this, the reality is that ROH did a great job at their job last night - getting over an angle that made fans believe. That was all.

So, save the anger and enjoy the moment. Everyone is so quick to complain about what is "wrong" so I really wonder if the same people will now praise ROH for getting something "right".

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I figured it was planned, Kevin Steen is a professional scumbag.

TheLizardKing

Reaction score
That's pretty much the only way Kevin Steen CAN get heat with the ROH fans. I mean for God's sake at Best in the World he basically said "Fuck all of you and New York City!" and they still cheered him!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This PPV was better than I expected. In fact my big issue with it actually has nothing to do with wrestling but with the fact that it was a pretty pointless event so close to one of their biggest shows of the year. A lot of the building blocks for that show could have easily been done on TV. Also while it was decent the Steen main event was not a ppv standard headliner.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just finished the show and it was a damn good night of wrestling. Some questionable winners (would have had Ciampa and Elgin both go over in their matches), but all the matches were top-notch for the most part. I felt the main event could have been better, and the ending to the mixed tag was pretty ridiculous, but this was a very entertaining show overall. It did seem rather filler though.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
pretty decent ppv.ciampa looked legit hurt.it looked like he blew his knee out while throwing punches in the first minute of the match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
pretty decent ppv.ciampa looked legit hurt.it looked like he blew his knee out while throwing punches in the first minute of the match.

He blew it out when Lethal went for that back Suplex and he tried to land on his feet. He popped his knee out of place and slightly sprained his ACL.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
on another note ciampa looks bat shit crazy with that blonde beard and blonde mohawk.hope hes back soon.and matt taven shoulda got that contract.he looked much better than the bum who won.

paul_s21

Reaction score
yeaaaaaa i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
on another note ciampa looks bat shit crazy with that blonde beard and blonde mohawk.hope hes back soon.and matt taven shoulda got that contract.he looked much better than the bum who won.

Yeah well that was one of the lesser matches for me anyway.