**Official Religion Discussion Thread**

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

I agree but not to that extent. I believe that if you believe what a book. that could be completely mumbo jumbo, says over almost 100% Scientific fact you must be messed up. But that is your opinion I suppose.

seX-Power

I may as well be agnostic. I was baptised a Christian and went through past Confirmation but I never realised what it all meant and what it was all worth. It is good to have something to believe in, imo but I dont need to, as I strive for myself to be the best and dont think religion is that necessary

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm a Catholic, and I don't have a problem with any other religion or belief. The 10+ years of schooling I'm still doing and things that have happened in my life have led me to believe that there is a God. That's why they call it your Faith, it's something you believe in, and obviously people do or don't believe in God.

and for DX 3:16, Jesus was born a Jew, and he didn't become a Christian, he started the Church. So as Christians, we're followers of Jesus, and we believe that he's the Son of God, the Messiah.

Jesus was jewish and you guys believe that and when jesus says he is the son of god it is a jewish saying that we are all equal and we are all gods creations no one is better then something else

there also are Jewish sayings prophecizing a Messiah in the Prophetic books of Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Amos, Hosea, and a bunch of others. They point to someone that is the Messiah. I don't really think that there's a Jewish belief of all people being equal, that's more of a communist belief to me, and that's a whole different story.

Evil Austin

We do believe in a messiah though we don't believe it was Jesus we just think Jesus was an ordinary Jewish guy that wasn't that different or special as I am as a Jew, We Beleive the Messiah is coming just hasn't arrived yet.. :shifty:

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I was a catholic as a little kid, but through out the years I started following my dad. I slowly became a Jehova Witness. Is anyone else on here a JW? I honestly hate discussing religion with friends. Being that my religion says that Christmas in the Christian/Catholic bible is a false reason. I mean the shepards NEVER went during the cold seasons that high, and especially not to the mountains. Since, I am a freshy most of the people I hang with act immature 'bout what I say. I don't tell them to convert, I just say why we dont celebrate Christmas for the reason they do. But I mean we get gifts, and all that since I'm the only Witness in the house. (I live with my mother, and sister, not dad) Also, do Christians, adn Catholics celebrate Halloween religiously? Its just a question, no offense is intended. I just would like to know what religious reason is there behind Halloween. Which in my opinion is pretty damn satanic, and demonic (I dont really celebrate it, nor go trick or treating)

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Catholic is Christian, for your information. I see this error quite a lot; Catholic is part of Christianity, and it's the most popular, or believed, of the Christian denominations. There's no need for you to seperate it from Christianity. There's Protestants, Orthodox, and Catholics.

Halloween, I'm not sure. Many Christians celebrate it, but in my mind, I can't see why. The meaning behind it has been secularized, and you can say it was secular from the beginning. Halloween is no where near as satanic or demonic (if you want to say it) as you may believe and I don't think it was intended to be a religious holiday either, it's just rooted in some forms of paganism, Christian superstition, the macabre, and so forth. I once followed Halloween, but I grew out of it and don't give a damn about it anymore. The only reason I look forward to it is because of the horror films on TV they give around the time.

This Guy

Halloween is All Hallows Eve. All Hallows Day (Nov 1st) is a celebration of Christian Saints. All Hallows Eve started as a day when people thought that by dressing up in scary costumes they could scare the demons away that was believed by some to come the night before Hallows Day. Over the years it turned into what it is today being called Halloween. Ultimately though there is no demonic or evil intent behind it. I don't think its a bad holiday, but I know many Christians that do.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I was a catholic as a little kid, but through out the years I started following my dad. I slowly became a Jehova Witness. Is anyone else on here a JW? I honestly hate discussing religion with friends. Being that my religion says that Christmas in the Christian/Catholic bible is a false reason. I mean the shepards NEVER went during the cold seasons that high, and especially not to the mountains. Since, I am a freshy most of the people I hang with act immature 'bout what I say. I don't tell them to convert, I just say why we dont celebrate Christmas for the reason they do. But I mean we get gifts, and all that since I'm the only Witness in the house. (I live with my mother, and sister, not dad) Also, do Christians, adn Catholics celebrate Halloween religiously? Its just a question, no offense is intended. I just would like to know what religious reason is there behind Halloween. Which in my opinion is pretty damn satanic, and demonic (I dont really celebrate it, nor go trick or treating)

You see the thing with Christmas is; when the Christian faith was founded most of the western world at the time were Pagans. In order to aid in overcoming a lot of the Pagan reticence to adopting a new religion was to place their major holidays on the very same days that the Pagans held sacred (Let us not forget the killing too). Which is why Christmas is also Yule time. It is why Easter is so close to the spring equinox.

Reaction score
i high a very strong belief in god,it is what makes me the person i am.i just do not make a habit of going around wearing it on my sleeve like so many others do.i don't know if i could have lived through everything that i have lived through without faith in god.

the dark knight

Why do people think he wants us all to feel sorry for him just because he is proud of who he is? I am proud to be an Athiest so does that mean I want you all to feel sorry for me?

It's not as easy for someone to come out and say they are Muslim, especially after 9/11. Practically the entire world gives you the evil eye.

Not every single one of them agrees with strapping kids with bombs and giving them an AK 47 to play with. That is just the false perception people have. They think "oh boy, a Muslim. I'll bet he knows how to make a bomb." I think it's pretty sad that people generalize an entire group of people like that.

Terrorism happens everywhere, everyday and by all races. Muslims, too, are victims of terrorism on a daily basis. We get it once in a while but think about those people who have to live with it 24/7. They go out to have a nice lunch with family and the next thing they know, some random douchebag runs in with a bomb and blows everyone up.

I don't think he said it with intentions of all of us crying fake tears for him because of his religion. I just think that he really is very proud of who he is, knowing fully that a large majority of people spit on his religion based on some random assholes.
believe it or not, bahrain, which is a muslim country is one of the safest, friendliest and most peaceful countries i've lived in.....so yea, i can understand why c4's upset..

but ffs, learn to take a joke. i put every single human being in some sort of a group for the lulz. i hate anti-stereotype people

edit-
to be on-topic, fuck religion. i've said this before, ill say it again; whatever happened to "live your life, dont make it harder for others"?

edit again-
sorry if that offends you.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Religion can't be proven for someone to believe that there is a magical place up in the clouds where if you do everything right you will go there. I dont fully disagree with those about heaven but if there is a such place I dont think it would be the same. I reckon when you die your soul moves on to the next body.

Evil Austin

I know this is a big bump but I have been having a question about christianity that has been bothering me as of late.

And if someone could give me a straight answer it would be appreaciated.Oh and I am not Christian so don't jump on my back if this is something stupid if it is something stupid then it should be easy to answer :D.

So here goes, in the Christian beleifs Mary was in-pregnated by god and Jesus was born. Mary was a virgin as they say. But what confuses me and what brings up the quetsion is, how can she be a virgin if Jesus had two older brothers?

C4

So here goes, in the Christian beleifs Mary was in-pregnated by god and Jesus was born. Mary was a virgin as they say. But what confuses me and what brings up the quetsion is, how can she be a virgin if Jesus had two older brothers?

By Paul Flanagan and Robert Schihl.
Catholic Biblical Apologetics,

Christians believe that Mary was a virgin before and at the time of the birth of her son Jesus.

Is 7:14
The virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel.
Mt 1:18-25
Now this is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. When his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found with child through the holy Spirit. Joseph her husband, since he was a righteous man, yet unwilling to expose her to shame, decided to divorce her quietly. Such was his intention when, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home. For it is through the holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her. She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel," which means "God is with us." When Joseph awoke, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took his wife into his home. He had no relations with her until she bore a son, and he named him Jesus.
Lk 1:26-27
In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary.
Nicene Creed (325), Constantinopolitan Creed (381)
... Who for us men and because of our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became human.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
That didn't answer his question. He understands she was considered a virgin and was asking how this is possible if Jesus had older brothers. Now, I'm not going to go into this, I'll just get to the point and answer the question. But Jesus was, according to what I read, the firstborn son.