Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
This season is going to be a rough start for my wolves... No K-Love or Rubio. Roy I hope your knees are 100 percent.

AF.

Reaction score
Looking forward to the NBA season. I'm liking the Brooklyn Nets but I think they will disappoint in some way. Lakers will also have a disappointing year.

OKC to win the West and Heat to win the East.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll follow the season when NFL ends, so until then go Spurs! And if they suck, then my fallback teams are Mavs and Rockets. Tbh, I don't see any of those three having a good season though.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
DPOY: Lebron James
MVP: Kevin Durant
ROY: Michael Kidd Gilchrist
MIP: Evan Turner
COY: Doug Collins
6 MOY: Jason Terry

Eastern Conference Finals: Heat over 76ers 4-1..... Western Conference Finals: Lakers over Thunder 4-3
NBA Finals: Lakers over Heat 4-2 (Kobe announces his retirement after winning title #6 and finals MVP)

P.S. Sorry for the Philly love, wishful thinking on my part

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If it isn't Lakers/Heat finals I will dress up as Bin Laden and paraglide into the Empire State Building.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'll follow the season when NFL ends, so until then go Spurs! And if they suck, then my fallback teams are Mavs and Rockets. Tbh, I don't see any of those three having a good season though.
Spurs have had decent seasons but disappointed when it counted since about 08 now.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Kobe isn't retiring until he passes Jordan in all-time scoring.

Should do it next year.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
God seems like he does not want us to see Kobe and Lebron and Kobe in the finals.

2007- So hyped upon Lebron vs Kobe since Lebron actually had a team to be proud of. Sadly Lakers struggle, and we know what happened after that for Lebron.

2008- Boston all of a sudden formed the big 3. If the big 3 never happened. Lakers vs Cavaliers would have happened. We still got a good series of Lakers vs Celtics.

2009- This was the year many thought it would happen. A lot felt it was going to be time for the Lakers and Cavs too meet. This should've been the year, hell the NBA was so sure it might happen they had those little puppet commercials.

[video=youtube;lvad5_WBWTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvad5_WBWTY[/video]​

This was all the hype. Only for Lebron to fail to beat the Magic, and which lead to a pretty decent series of Lakers Magic, which Lakers won.

2010- Lebron didn't have the team to win it, and Lakers went on to face the Celtics in a great game 7 battle. Lakers won of course

2011- This one was hilarious too me. This one had almost the same hype as 2009. The 3- heat vs the 3-Peat. The NBA was introducing the finals in 3-D this year. Some of the taglines were 3D- peat, and 3D- heat. Funny enough the Dallas Mavericks with a squad you can say similar to the 2004 Pistons ended up ruining all the hype.

2012- Obviously the Lakers were banking high on getting CP3 and Dwight Howard before the season started. If anything they got those two there team would be paper on paper equal to the heat. Yet trades did not fall through, and the Lakers still had a good season, but was missing the explosion of young players to pass through the Thunder. Lebron finally won the NBA title, and will be looking to repeat.

Really to be honest will this finally be the year of Kobe vs Lebron in the NBA finals? This almost seems like it could be the year, but with teams like The Thunder, Spurs, Bulls, Celtics. Maybe a surprise of the Nuggets, and Pacers. This is going to be an interesting season. People who feel this is a two team season needs to realize how unpredictable the NBA is, because really yes the Lakers and the Heats may be the favorites, and the two best teams in the league, but we've seen crazier stuff happen.

Last edited:

Notorious

Reaction score
Thunder-Heat rematch is what I would bet on. I would love to see the Celtics in the playoffs but we still can't stop LeBron.

SAL

Reaction score
I like the next offseason predictions the most. I might do some of those in a bit, but mine will be a lot more boring (example: nobody will ever ever ever leave $30 million on the table to leave L.A. for anywhere, nevermind Atlanta).

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
My first part of the NBA preview is up. Eastern conference preview for each team & predictions for standings/playoffs. Miami & Boston are easily the top teams but got a few dark horses that could break out. All feedback is appreciated, this is the biggest column I've done for the site. Western conference, NBA finals pick, awards column will be up on Monday. Happy basketball is finally close to coming back!

http://tjrsports.com/articles/2012-nba-eastern-conference-preview-predictions--2

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nice breakdown of the predictions of the east though I don't think Chicago makes the playoffs if Rose is down all year which I hope they just have him take the year off since coming back too soon could be damaging long term for his career.

Here is my predictions for the east and west.

East:

1. Miami Heat
2. Philadelphia 76ers
3. Boston Celtics
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. Indiana Pacers
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. New York Knicks
8. Cleveland Cavaliers
Outside looking in: Bulls
----------
West: