Official Football Discussion Thread 2014/15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
As usual, mega lolz @ Man Utd & Liverpool.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great day for upsets the sort of thing you don't see enough in the top flight anymore.

Warnock is making an impact at Palace, of course they had the foundations from last season.

Good battling point for City, they did well to fight back with ten men. Would have been a bit of a fluke if Chelsea had won today.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The FA Cup is in full swing. Me and my mate went to watch his team Worcester City away at Coventry in the first round proper. 84 Places separated the teams, Coventry are of course a massive club and are three divisions higher. But Worcester were fantastic, they totally outplayed Coventry, and worked fantastically hard throughout the game. In the end it was a 2-1 win, but it was a really dramatic match, with a sending off for the home side, two pens (one saved), and an excellent second goal for Worcester. The noise from the away fans at the end was something to hear. It was a great day, and they are about to do the draw. Am hoping Worcester get someone else non-league in the next round so that there is a chance they might get Villa in the third round.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Decent point for Villa Monday, it is a result that I would have taken before kick-off even though Southampton had an off night and we could have gotten all three. There were some decent performances, such as Okore on his return, Gabby (his best game in awhile), and Westwood. But once again we were way too negative at home, and very pretictable. We now have a better run of games, with Burnley, Palace (which I am going to), and Lecester our next three. These are the games we need to be targeting to win. They should decide Lambert's future, if we win at least two then we will suddernly be looking at mid-table, but if we don't get those results, then we will be right in it, and the last couple of results will mean nothing, and it will be time for a change of manager IMO.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Since I last came in this thread, Chelsea have won the league and Arsenals season has collapsed.

Expected both, but it came quicker.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ And Southampton are surprise contenders except now anymore, and the manager should be sack...

Fuck me it is all go off at Villa. Well I am going to the Palace game Tuesday, and if we don't start turning these draws into wins the shit is going to hit something!:bray:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Fuck me we had some luck last night! Palace were really wasteful and we kept making silly mistakes and inviting pressure onto our back four (as seems always to be the case right now). But fair play to the players for their work rate throughout the match, and that includes the strikers who did their bit tracking back and attempting to win the ball back. Also, we did defend well, and Guzan despite a couple of dodgy moments once again pulled off some crucial saves. And of course having Benteke back made a big difference and he took his goal really well. It was a massive three points, and me, my mum, and Antie had a great time at the game. The atmosphere was cracking too, great support from the away fans. Now lets not fuck it up on Sunday Villa!:adr:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lively start to the weekend. Another Cup upset last, Chelsea's unbeaten record ended in the lunch time game, and look at the Stoke-Arsenal score!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Really good point for Villa yesterday, and one of our best performances so far this season. The likes of Vlaar and Delph returning had really good games, the manager good his tactics right (makes a change), Benteke's goal was a cracker and we responded very well after going down to ten men. The spine of the team at least is good, and the players are working for each other more than at any time over the last 3-4 years. Am still not convinced by Lambert, but for now he has done enough to warrent keeping on.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Here we go again at Villa Park! We have a solid start to the season, and look like we should be safe in mid-table, but then start losing or dropping silly points around Christmas/New Year and we are right back in the mix at the bottom. Same thing happened last season, and once again Lambert has to take most of the blame. His tactics are too negative, we only have one way to play (which by the way now is a slow passing game), he is incapable of turning a match around. He struggles to get the best out of the players, doesn't play with any width and once again we relie too much on Benteke who lacks support up front. I don't need to go on really do I! Add to that that we could lose the likes of Delph and Vlaar during the summer, and we could be in real trouble. Oh and BTW our next three games are Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal just to make me even more cheery! As the late great Owen Hart would say, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE"!:eek:wen:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
At least you might score some goals and win some games next season in the championship :rock3:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great win for Southampton today at Man Utd. They have bourced back very well from that sticky period and I think they can get a place in Europe even if its not the CL. Certainly the top four race has opened up now. Arsenal will be either 4th or 3rd of course! But then it looks like either Saints, Utd or Liverpool for the other place. I still don't see Spurs being consistent enough over the course of the season.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Cregts to Cork for his teams excellent win yesterday. My landlord whose a Spurs fan was having kittens! 2-0 at City must be a Wenger masterclass. Can't see Chelsea screwing this title up now.

Reactions: The Cork

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Two great goals for us today. One a great individual goal and the other a great team one. We just about deserved it, but Bournemouth gave us a few scares which I expected. With the way this weekend has gone we need to really go for this Cup, only that can save Lambert now. Guess we will be alright as long as we don't have a semi against Dale's team:eek:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am relieved that Villa have come to the sensible decision to sack Lambert today. He clearly wasn't going to turn it around and it was too much of a gamble keeping him in change any longer. I just hope we haven't made the change too late. There are enough good players at the club to get out of it with a decent manager guiding them. What I would do is appoint someone with experience like Curbsley until the end of season, and then make a longer term appointment after that. The likes of Klinnsman, Allerdynce, Moyes and Laudrup are the names I would be looking at.

Its good that we have a cup game sunday as that will be break from the struggles of the league and there won't be too much pressure. After sunday I would start making moves.