Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
People need to stop comparing Ronaldo and Messi. Both are great, and equal best in the world. Deny it all you like Pete, but I call bullshit on any theory you use of him being overrated because he has 157 goals in 154 appearances for Madrid, and that's brilliant.

I think people need to stop comparing them and just be grateful we are blessed with two of the greatest players to grace Football. Hala Madrid.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Do I think QPR are in danger of being relegated this season? No. Looking at their team they currently have, there's no way they should be bottom of the league. But, they've had a few hard games and games where they probably think they should've won. Plus I don't think their squad has properly gelled together yet. I can see it being a case similar to last season in them struggling throughout the rest of the season, but in the end, come the end of the season I don't think QPR will 1 of the 3 teams relegated.

Yeah and I have always liked Hughes as a manager. Just think their policy of splashing their money about and buying players just for the sake of it rather than because they actually need them is not wise. They weren't a bad team last year and would have beneifted from a years experience so I didn't see the need for big changes. A team like QPR need to buy one world class player and build a team around him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
QPR are without a doubt in danger of getting relegated, or at least being in a struggle for the season. Spent so much on gash players it's unbelievable, hope they struggle.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Yeah and I have always liked Hughes as a manager. Just think their policy of splashing their money about and buying players just for the sake of it rather than because they actually need them is not wise. They weren't a bad team last year and would have beneifted from a years experience so I didn't see the need for big changes. A team like QPR need to buy one world class player and build a team around him.

They brought in far too many new faces. Teams towards the bottom of the EPL need stability, QPR don't have that, now looking like one of the favourites to go down...

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
They brought in far too many new faces. Teams towards the bottom of the EPL need stability, QPR don't have that, now looking like one of the favourites to go down...

Its an interesting year at the bottom as the three who came up and stayed up last year all look like they might suffer second season symdrome and might possibley go down then you have Reading and Southampton who both look like being in the mix too. Even through they look poor at the moment I think Norwich might be alright as Haughton has the know how to turn things around there.

Lewb

Reaction score
Swansea down. Cardiff up. It will happen. I've had shit luck so far this season away from football, so this has to happen! haha

Medo

Reaction score
Can't wait for Madrid game against the cunts at sunday, hope the best in the world scores another hat-trick in the game :Banana:

Can't see us losing anymore points against Newcastle, we need to win this one :eek:

Pete

Reaction score
RVP is finally himself, so I think we may just scrape through (I predicted a 2-3 win on the predictions thread, and I think it'll be an RVP hat-trick). Hopefully Ba will bag a couple for my Fantasy League too.

Re: relegation, QPR definitely look like contenders. I see Tottenham there too, if they keep going like this. My third pick would either be Reading or Norwich, as they are technically the weakest teams in the league. West Ham looked like candidates, but they've got their act straight it seems.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
RVP is finally himself, so I think we may just scrape through (I predicted a 2-3 win on the predictions thread, and I think it'll be an RVP hat-trick). Hopefully Ba will bag a couple for my Fantasy League too.

Re: relegation, QPR definitely look like contenders. I see Tottenham there too, if they keep going like this. My third pick would either be Reading or Norwich, as they are technically the weakest teams in the league. West Ham looked like candidates, but they've got their act straight it seems.

Man Utd do have history of recovering well from a defeat, its a big fixture for them and it won't be easy, but I suppose Newcastle might have a Euro hangover we'll see.

Its odd that you pick Spurs to be down there when they have just started hitting a bit of form, not sure why you think it that anyway. West Ham should be alright because of big Sam.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Judging from the two performances, if Newie lost, I'd be shocked, majorly shocked.

If Krul is back, I can't see RVP getting much through, Newcastle's defense is relatively solid; Ba is on fire at the moment and Cisse finally scored, so hopefully it's gonna be another few goals over the next few weeks. Newcastle are FAR better than United in the middle of the park these days, I have a feeling it's gonna be a battle of the strikers and Shrek... So we'll see.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Spurs had one win so far. May not last.

Ok but if you look at the league they suddenly find themselves in fifth and whether the appointment of AVB proves a good one or not (i have my doubts) he has taken over a very strong squad.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Fucking Diame.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Judging from the two performances, if Newie lost, I'd be shocked, majorly shocked.

If Krul is back, I can't see RVP getting much through, Newcastle's defense is relatively solid; Ba is on fire at the moment and Cisse finally scored, so hopefully it's gonna be another few goals over the next few weeks. Newcastle are FAR better than United in the middle of the park these days, I have a feeling it's gonna be a battle of the strikers and Shrek... So we'll see.
It will be a draw... saying that, don't be dissapointed if United win, we rarely lose twice on the bounce and Newcastle are beatable, and our squad is stronger than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.