Official Cartoon Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So much to reply to in one post :shock: :dawg:

Now that you mention it, Amon/Noatak does bother me as well. Why would he go through so much to make people believe the benders are bad when apparently he doesn't believe it in himself? Doesn't make much sense. It just seems he was causing a rebellion for no reason at all.

Yeah, the ending was pretty bad compared to the rest of the series. I hated as well the fact that she just got all her bending powers back because Aang just randomly shows up and gives it back to her. What would have been a whole lot better was that she never got the rest of her bending powers back and only had her air bending for awhile. That would've been a great dynamic that I could definitely get behind on. It was her worst power, her disadvantage, and now she learns to make it her advantage. That's such a great moral to learn as well. But noooope.

What I think might have been the problem was that Legend of Korra was just going to be a mini-series because they weren't sure if a lot of people were going to like it as much as Last Airbender. I have no idea why they would even doubt that, but before it came out my friend was telling it was going to be a mini-series and I was horrified. Thank god that wasn't the case though.

Did you see the official Book 2 trailer? They showed it at Comic-Con yesterday!

They're going to tell the story about how the very first avatar (Avatar Wan) came to be. I think that's a really, really interesting story to tell. Can't wait to see it!

Holy shi . . . my jaw dropped like three times during that trailer. My enthusiasm is at an all-time high right now for Korra and Jesus the Wan stuff is absolutely gorgeous. Love that style during his time, and the Owl's back (no clue what his name is)! Glad this is pretty unconnected to the first season (since they rushed to wrap everything up), means I have no reason to ever rewatch it!

And I'll never understand why they thought this would really just end up being a mini-series.

I've only watched teen titans... Well, it was a teen titans film lmao

Trouble in Tokyo, right? It was okay from what I remember.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
western animation thread? well aren't we being a little big silly here?

Cartoons 4 the win.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
western animation thread? well aren't we being a little big silly here?

Cartoons 4 the win.

Nope. Preferring one term over another, especially when said term actually describes the contents of this thread better, is not silly. Besides, I got the term from TV Tropes, and TV Tropes>all. If anything I'm being overly technical but regardless, I don't care what this thread's called. I'm just using this term to refer to it because I prefer it.

Anyway, speaking of western animation, I've started watching/re-watching a bunch because apparently juggling twenty shows wasn't enough for me (I'm a moron). Basically, re-watching Teen Titans & Danny Phantom (which I never finished, so it's only a re-watch for the first season or two) and watching Daria for the first time. Going to start American Dragon Jake Long & Samurai Jack tomorrow, as well as Futurama (gotta catch up since it was cancelled [again]). So, I was reminded with how terrible the first episode of Teen Titans truly is, no way Cartoon Network aired it out of order.

Continued re-watching Avatar, I just finished The Beach today, such a great episode. One of my favorites probably.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey, Mustafar Reginald, I was debating Amon with my friend the other day and he loves him. I pointed out the things we talked to each other about in this thread and he said it was because Amon had planned being the one and only bender in the world, thus attempting to be the most powerful being. I hadn't thought about it that way and thought that it was interesting.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

ZagZig

Jobber
Reaction score
I used to love shows like Tom & Jerry, Dexter's laboratory, and Courage The Cowardly Dog.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Hey, Mustafar Reginald, I was debating Amon with my friend the other day and he loves him. I pointed out the things we talked to each other about in this thread and he said it was because Amon had planned being the one and only bender in the world, thus attempting to be the most powerful being. I hadn't thought about it that way and thought that it was interesting.

Going to put this in a spoiler . . .

that from a certain viewpoint Amon actually could be considered a fantastic villain rather than just a ruined character. Outside of clearly being ambitious, that comment actually got me thinking about how Amon went to achieve said goal, through mass manipulation and from that vantage point, he really is actually something to behold. Not only did has manipulate a large amount of citizens in Republic City into believing his Equalist cause and got them to take up arms so to speak but he actually did manipulate the audience (me included [though I'm sure several saw through it]) that he did believe in the cause as well. So, I can now at least appreciate the fanbase by looking at it like that however that doesn't really alter my opinions on how it went down.

Still think they screwed the pooch with his character because his character just became another generic power hungry villain. He was a far more interesting villain back when it actually seem like he truly gave a damn about the equalist cause and wasn't just using them because he wanted power. Them removing that part of the character always felt like a cheap cop-out so that they wouldn't have to address any of the interesting social issues the Equalists brought up. Really loved what they set-up with his character at first because it wasn't so black & white.

Also, I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but I may also kind of preferred Amon's fake backstory. Granted it was a helluva generic one but it furthered the grey because it drew an interesting parallel with Mako due to the similarities in the backstory. I even recall thinking that maybe it was the same firebender in both stories and he'd play a role later on (course I was wrong). Of course, if I do prefer the fake one, it's probably because they did Amon's real very poorly.

So yeah, still hate the way his character ended up but I can now at least get where your friend is coming from.

*Edit*

Not sure why that split up into four different spoiler tags, fixed it though.

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Ok well I guess it is time to add to this thread. Here is what I used to watch:

Dexter's Lab
Cow & Chicken/I Am Weasel
Powerpuff Girls
Johnny Bravo
Courage The Cowardly Dog
2 stupid Dogs
Mike Lu & Og
Doug
Rugrats &All Grown Up
Hey Arnold
Real Monsters
Rocko's Modern Life
CatDog
Teen Titans
Batman - The Animated Series
Cramp Twins
Looney Tunes
Tom & Jerry
Tom & Jerry Kids
Scooby Doo
Fairly Odd Parents
SpongeBob
The Smurfs
Codename KND
Flying Rhino Junior High
Camp Lazlo
Flinstones
Flinestons Kids
Secret Squirrel
Yogi Bear show (Yogi bear, snugglepuss &Yanky Doodle)
Dynomutt Dog Wonder
Whatever happened to robot jones
Ed Edd N Eddy
Grim & Evil (Didn't really watch grim adventures of B&M)
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
Regular Show

Don't judge me