• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
he won't help ratings no one else has.....but it would be good to see him as long as Sharmell isn't with him and he uses the booker t gimmick or something along those lines

circle

Reaction score
I think TNA should hold off on signing the King.

He would be able to feud with TNA talent, but does TNA need another wrestler wanting Main Event face time when you have others waiting and working hard to get there?

Reaction score
The more I think of it having Booker in TNA could be awesome. Yes he is old, his royal gimmick sucks and shouldn't go to TNA. If he does go, not only does he have a easier schedule working only 5 or so days a month but with his connections and his wrestling school. Obtaining Booker would be smart business and name wise but not for ratings I don't believe. Since Pacman is leaving, having Killings work alone now plus the mystery partner for sting at geneses already has room for Booker in the main event. For some reason I can see a revived Harlem Heat with Killings and Booker.:bigsmile:

C4

Now that Booker T is officially gone from WWE, the big question is whether or not he'll show up in TNA in a few days. WWE released a statement that Booker T and his wife were no longer a part of their company. There was a dispute between Booker T and WWE over his 60 day suspension.His official release date will be on October 27, 2007. That is believed to be the day when Booker T will be contractually free to work for another wrestling company. As is tradition with professional wrestlers, vague comments were released that would hint that Booker T is headed towards TNA soon. It is believed that Booker T will be eligible to work for TNA before their next pay per view, Genesis.TNA might already have an agreement with Booker T since one of the matches already booked for Genesis involves a mystery opponent. Those that don't want to see TNA picking up a big star like Booker T have used his commitment to his wrestling promotion as a weak excuse.However, TNA wrestlers are required to work approximately 5 days a month right now unless they accept independent booking. Plus, Booker T was capable of running his wrestling school while he was working the hectic WWE schedule. If signed, Booker T would immediately join a main event scene that already features well known wrestlers like Sting, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Christian Cage, and eventually Kevin Nash. TNA's plan has always been to combine established stars with talented homegrown talent. TNA could also choose to play on the real life friendship between Booker T and Team 3D (formerly known as the Dudley Boys in WWE). A stable with those three would be interesting. Plus, there are reports that Pacman Jones is done with TNA, so Ron Killings is going to need something to do. He deserves a nice push for all of his efforts in carrying Pacman Jones. Put Ron Killings with Booker T, Brother Ray, and Brother Devon, and you have yourselves a stable worth talking about.Another reason why Booker T would sign with TNA is to open up more cross promotions between his promotion and TNA. For the past few months, the PWA (Pro Wrestling Alliance) has been using TNA wrestlers after WWE decided to pull their wrestlers from the shows. By signing with TNA, Booker T would have more leverage in getting well known TNA wrestlers on his shows. Since he is already established in Texas, Booker T could also help TNA expand their business there as well. If TNA can pull this off, then it would be a major coup for them. A big wrestling star with Booker T's credentials doesn't come around every day.

Reaction score
i think they should sign him although i dont think sharmell should come onlong aswell TNA could have some good matches with him but he definitely needs a new gimmick because the king thing wouldnt go down well in TNA

chavoheat

Reaction score
He should just be Booker T. That's already a good gimmick.

chavoheat

Reaction score
Bad Logic Regarding Booker T

I've seen this from a lot of people on a lot of different wrestling boards, and it still confuses the hell out of me.

"Booker won't be going to TNA because he wouldn't be able to focus on his wrestling school."

I don't understand that logic.

Booker was able to run his wrestling school just fine while he was working for WWE. In WWE, he worked 200-250 days a year.

In TNA, he'd be working 5 days a month. He'd be working 2 Mondays a month, 2 Tuesdays a month, and 1 Sunday a month. His wrestling shows are done on Friday nights and Saturday nights.

So, why do people think he'd be unable to focus on his wrestling school in TNA when he was able to do so when he was working in WWE?

PeepShow

B/c the people that are WWE fans are too stupid to realize that the WWE schedule is lame and they just automaticly want to put to bed a story that involves a top notch player going to the rival company

Reaction score
its lighter schedule and not only that he has TNA links because some of TNA people have performed at his wrestling show hes got and I also read on a wrestling website that booker should be making his TNA debut pretty soon dont know if its true or not but i think it is

phantomgerald

Because he never fully concentrated on his wrestling promotion (not school) when he was in WWE. And he's already 43, older than Sting even.

The Rated R CMStar

He wasn't fully into his own promotion, now he has the opportunity

Travis40

Still...with the limited schedule of TNA...I don't think Booker can have his main focus on TNA...as he'll have to make appearances for the company and do house shows. If I were him (Non biased viewpoint) I'd just say no to TNA becuase I'd want to focus on my own wrestling company...but again, that's just me.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
But Trav, the point of this thread is to point out that if he was able to focus enough on it with the WWE schedule, the TNA schedule will make it easier for him to focus on it.