Official 2/9 Impact thread from Wembley Arena in London

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Draine said:
The first hour was, the ME was terrible (Sting pins the champ before the PPV :facepalm:), and watching the hottest crowd ever completely die due to the sheer mention of Garett Bischoff's name was hilarious.

:facepalm:

Luckily I turned it off then. Wow.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The Main Event was far from horrible. Sting went over, but kayfabe wise it's not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be. He was champion, holding his own in the ME less than a year ago. He was moving around well I thought (before the heel injury) The ending was great w/ Bully Ray coming to help Roode before looking him in the face and saying 'see you in 3 days Champ'. But yea, Bischoff/Hogan storyline is an abortion that really sucks the life out of the rest of the show. Still plenty of good things are happening in TNA right now

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The Main Event was far from horrible. Sting went over, but kayfabe wise it's not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be. He was champion, holding his own in the ME less than a year ago. He was moving around well I thought (before the heel injury) The ending was great w/ Bully Ray coming to help Roode before looking him in the face and saying 'see you in 3 days Champ'. But yea, Bischoff/Hogan storyline is an abortion that really sucks the life out of the rest of the show. Still plenty of good things are happening in TNA right now

I think the problem is the fact Roode lost. The world champion shouldn't have been pinned by a 50 odd year old. It was a good ending but looked bad on paper if that makes sense.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Kayfabe he's a GM of TNA right? It doesn't make sense to have that roll if he's able to beat the champion. Devalues the championship completely in my opinion. Outside of kayfabe, he's old, he shouldn't be main-eventing anymore. Agree with you about the Bischoff fail story-line.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Kayfabe he's a GM of TNA right? It doesn't make sense to have that roll if he's able to beat the champion. Devalues the championship completely in my opinion. Outside of kayfabe, he's old, he shouldn't be main-eventing anymore. Agree with you about the Bischoff fail story-line.

He's still Sting kayfabe wise, he beats people up all the time. I don't agree with it, but it's not the end of the world. If you had watched how it played out I doubt you'd be as down on it as having read about it I think. It helped further the Roode/Bully Ray storyline which is great IMO. The dynamic of the Against All Odds PPV was helped along by the main event, so I'm fine with it. The championship isn't being devalued at all; Roode is in the midst of a very good and entertaining run as champion, this loss doesn't effect that.

Again, I wouldn't have booked it that way, but it's not the end of the world.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:

I agree with you on this. You wouldn't see Johnny going over Punk clean in a match, would you? You can't have someone in a GM role beating the world champion like what, 3 days before the PPV? God damn TNA.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Ah okay you're right I didn't watch it. If it was purely clean then I wouldn't like it at all.

Is Ray now turning on Roode?

Sting put Roode in the Scorpion Death Lock and Roode was looking over to Bully Ray for help. Bully Ray grabbed the title and started towards Sting seemingly about to hit him with it, but then dropped it and dropped down to Roode and said 'see you in 3 days, Champ'

Like I said, it furthered the story and I was entertained by the main event even though I'd rather not see Sting going over Roode, but it wasn't awful,

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Sting put Roode in the Scorpion Death Lock and Roode was looking over to Bully Ray for help. Bully Ray grabbed the title and started towards Sting seemingly about to hit him with it, but then dropped it and dropped down to Roode and said 'see you in 3 days, Champ'

Like I said, it furthered the story and I was entertained by the main event even though I'd rather not see Sting going over Roode, but it wasn't awful,

It did make sense however if I booked it Storm would have won with the superkick after similar issues with Ray.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
seabs said:
It did make sense however if I booked it Storm would have won with the superkick after similar issues with Ray.

Totally agree, but I think they were trying to give the Wembley crowd what they wanted and send them home happy. They love them some Sting. Honestly I would say the booking of that match was more a detriment to Storm than it was Roode. Storm was carried to a win by Sting, and all Cowboy did was get his ass kicked, but I guess he does have the kayfabe rib injury to excuse it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Totally agree, but I think they were trying to give the Wembley crowd what they wanted and send them home happy. They love them some Sting. Honestly I would say the booking of that match was more a detriment to Storm than it was Roode. Storm was carried to a win by Sting, and all Cowboy did was get his ass kicked, but I guess he does have the kayfabe rib injury to excuse it.

It's little inconsistency like this that cost TNA imo. If you want to send the crowd home happy just give them a dark match imo. It shouldn't have a negative effect on the TV audience.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yea it's exciting for me that TNA is putting on watchable shows now. Hopefully Against All Odds is solid, and I think it has the chance to be unless TNA reverts back to their overbooking nonsensical PPV with no clean finishes crap. I'm no TNA fanboy but I root for the product since they are the closest thing WWE has to competition

edit: Seabs I agree, but like I told Crayo it's far from the end of the world. WIth any wrestling show you have to take the good with the bad, and the good far outweighed the bad on Impact, which it has been for a little while now. I would be on board with just about everything from top to bottom if not for the Bischoff bull shit

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Genesis was the last PPV right? If I remember rightly that was decent.

Also, when is Against All Odds? This Sunday?

Yeah it is this Sunday. Card looks better then Genesis imo. I'm really looking forward to Aries/Shelley. They could tear down the house.