Offical Release Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: TNA Releases Current Champion

The belts have no purpose whatsoever, and it is silly to keep them around. It would help if they had women's tag teams, but they don't aise from TBP.

Releasing Hamada is wise though, as her pay-per-appearance deal I remember reading was pretty pricey. Perhaps Hulk wanted a raise?
She probably wanted a raise and we all know how that goes when a K.O wants a raise :sadbye:

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

I laughed pretty hard considering the thread I made two days ago.

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score

Apparently Meltzer was told that they decided she wasn't good looking enough to keep. Just pathetci if true.

Such a pity she is gone considering along with Sarita she was easily the best worker.

Releasing Hamada is wise though, as her pay-per-appearance deal I remember reading was pretty pricey. Perhaps Hulk wanted a raise?

I really doubt they can claim it as 'cost-cutting' considering that comparitively they pay the Knockouts peanuts.

Reaction score

Yeah, but of those peanuts, she was getting the biggest slice per appearance.

A shame that they could be paid more if Christy wasn't paid a shitload to interview people

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score

A shame that they could be paid more if Christy wasn't paid a shitload to interview people

An she's a gawd awful interviewer as well! When I was still watching it used to annoy me the way she would randomly look at the camera instead of focusing solely on the interviewee.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wilde gone from TNA?

gerweck.net

- Dave Meltzer is reporting that Taylor Wilde’s TNA contract has expired and the feeling is that she is most likely done with the company.

I can't really say I'm sad for her as she had to work at fucking Sunglass Hut to pay the bills while also being a KO. Hopefully she tries out for Tough Enough or makes her way to New Mexico for Masked Warriors

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: Wilde gone from TNA?

Thought she was just gonna get released tbh but either way her leaving the company isn't surprising. She is solid in the ring but pretty bland and characterless.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

I won't be surprised if she doesn't return. They obviously have other plans with the Knockouts which don't involve Taylor. Which is why she hasn't been on TV every week for sometime.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Does TNA creative read this board?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Does TNA creative read this board?
Up next: "TNA signs Paul Heyman and fires Vince Russo, Hogan & Eric Bischoff" :side:

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score

I'll wait until the reliable PWInsider reports on Taylor's release, but if true then it's a pity. I always had a lot of time for her.

I can't really say I'm sad for her as she had to work at fucking Sunglass Hut to pay the bills while also being a KO.

Did you mis-type and mean you ARE actually sad for her?

Ben

Reaction score
Former TNA Knockouts champion Taylor Wilde announced she had "quit" TNA today on her official twitter account when responding to a fan asking about her status with the company. Wilde had not been used by the company in months and in fact was overseas in Europe during TNA's Bound for Glory weekend.

Was pretty much assumed but know it's official, could see WWE possibly having some interest in her.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Her quitting is fully expected and understandable as she just got more and more lost in the shuffle with the more ko's that came in.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Stevie Richards announced this afternoon that he departed TNA, writing on his Twitter:

"Just left Universal Studios. Had a great talk with Terry Taylor and Vince Russo about making the decision to quit TNA Wrestling. Thanks to everyone there for the past 2 years."

Richards' work had been really good during the EV2.0 run so it's a shame he wasn't more in the mix of late. One thing you couldn't deny was his work ethic. Prior to that run, he had portrayed the Dr. Stevie character in the program with Abyss.

With Richards' departure, Tommy Dreamer is the "last man standing" from the EV2.0 contingent, which means for the third time in his career, he's the last "ECW" guy left from a version of that company.
Forgot he was still with TNA.