NXT Women’s title match at TO

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins?

• Total voters

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

• WHO WINS?
20161013_NXTtakerover_Toronto--543c16cf41856e23dd649f8c6960a0b6.jpg

Will Asuka succeed the toughest test of her WWE career, or will Mickie James be the one to hand The Empress of Tomorrow her first defeat? Find out at NXT TakeOver: Toronto, live and exclusively on WWE Network, Saturday, Nov. 19, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT!

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
If Mickie loses this, Asuka loses her only credible threat as of now. I like what Liv Morgan, Peyton and Billie Kay are doing on NXT but they're the only other women and Liv lost in under a minute a couple of weeks ago. She's had a pretty long title reign and if Mickie wins there are multiple interesting ways they can take both her and Asuka. Asuka needs a change of character so she gains from losing, really, especially if she loses dirty. She can do something similar to what Samoa Joe has done the last few weeks in ruthless pursuit of another shot, either as a babyface who got screwed or the pissed heel a la Joe. If Mickie is introduced as a face then wins either with feet on the ropes or with a ref bump and a steel chair (or whatever) then that marks her out as something different, and allows Asuka to stay face as the stiffness goes over super well at Full Sail. Or, Asuka becomes a scowling vicious heel after losing heel and the two can trade the belt for a few months until NXT develops a proper new class of women.

Reactions: The Phenom

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I'm torn between the two...... I been waiting on Mickie James to return so long! I guess I have to go with Mickie James.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Wow, people actually think Mickie stands a chance against Asuka, eh? :asuka:

Asuka wins this, obviously. She will finally drop the belt to Ember Moon at NXT TakeOver during Mania weekend.

Color me surprised if it happens any time sooner.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I vote for whatever result gets Asuka to the main roster sooner...

This woman is truly amazing...and I want to see her fight Charlotte
as soon as possible.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, people actually think Mickie stands a chance against Asuka, eh? :asuka:

Asuka wins this, obviously. She will finally drop the belt to Ember Moon at NXT TakeOver during Mania weekend.

Color me surprised if it happens any time sooner.
Had forgotten Ember Moon existed... yeah, if she continues to do well they'll save the belt for her.

I'd still like to see a change in Asuka, having to lose and chase the title or turning heel to keep it. She'd deserve to be the first 2x NXT Women's champ.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
upload_2016-10-16_13-9-16.jpeg

I just heard that it was supposed to be Trish Stratus as Asuka's opponent but due to her becoming pregnant WWE went with Mickie James instead.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I heard that rumor, too. But, it seems as a one-off deal anyway. Trish would've lost to Asuka, too.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
May-be Trish didn't want to get kicked in the face?

I mean I'd liked to be kicked into submission by Asuka...
but I clearly have deep, seeded emotional issues.

Trish took a look at the footage and said:

"No NXT...I like my teeth where they belong"

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
May-be Trish didn't want to get kicked in the face?

I mean I'd liked to be kicked into submission by Asuka...
but I clearly have deep, seeded emotional issues.

Trish took a look at the footage and said:

"No NXT...I like my teeth where they belong"

Trish is pregnant.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Mickie James recently spoke with WWE.com to promote her upcoming NXT Women's Championship match against Asuka at this month's NXT TakeOver: Toronto event.

Regarding how the opportunity came about for her to return to WWE for a title match against Asuka, Mickie told the official WWE website the following.

"I was sitting in the airport in Orlando, Florida, on my way to the UK, where I've been for almost a month now. I got the call from WWE and they asked me if I was interested. I know who Asuka is, I've seen her work in Japan and NXT. She is incredibly talented. It's cool to see someone come up and make an impact. I think for her, it's even harder, because there's the language barrier. But she's this mystical kind of person.

"For them to even consider me to come back and face her and, hopefully, tear the house down, is pretty awesome. It made me feel like a million bucks. I want to go in there and take it to the next level and give the people everything that they want and more."

As far as the style match-up is concerned, the WWE website asked Mickie if she is nervous about facing Asuka considering all that she is capable of.

"Absolutely not! I'm a little crazy as it is, but I've been in the ring with some of the greatest Women's Champions of all time — Trish Stratus, Lita, Beth Phoenix — they were amazing. I know that she hits hard, kicks hard and has killer submissions moves, but I can hit and kick hard and know some submissions. I haven't been in this business for 17 years and not learned a thing or two."

Finally, the former WWE Diva and TNA Knockout spoke about how she plans to prepare for her first title match / pay-per-view bout against Asuka at NXT TakeOver: Toronto.

"I've been training differently than I ever have before. I've been doing a lot of high endurance workouts, to get my wind and strength up, to get that immediate, quick and intense movement going. I feel like I need to be fast on my feet because she's pretty quick. I've also been sharpening my mat skills and submissions, so I can have a few different ways to get out of her holds.

"I know she has that mental game going on. That doesn't scare me — I'm the queen of mental games."

NXT TakeOver: Toronto takes place from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 19th.