NXT:Who should have been paired together?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulreaper545

Reaction score
alright let's face it the pairing for NXT are fucking horrible the only teams that are paired properly are Christan/Slater and Hardy/Gabriel. So who would you guys pair together and why

Mine would be

Regal/Barret mostly due to how the WWE is hyping Barret's style he sounds more like Regal then Jericho

Punk/Ortunga I think Ortunga would add nicely to Punks stable

R-Truth/Young Much more of a similiar style pair then R-Truth and Ortunga

Jericho/Bryan if the WWE is going to push the submissions of Danielson then atleast pair him with a guy that uses a submission

Miz shouldn't even be on NXT with all the gold he has so...
MVP/Traver Traver would get a much better face gimmick if he ran with MVP then trying to go heel with Carlito

Carlito shouldn't be on NXT either he should be atleast in a mid-card title fued

Personaly i dont see anybody on the roster who could make Sheffield look good

OWeapon

Reaction score
They've paired them up with people who aren't entirely similar in order to build up possible stories and conflicts.
A perfect example is Punk and Young. Punk obviously can't stand Young as a person but as we saw, he's willing to help him out. So we have this conflict of Punk despising Young for not being Straight Edge but yet he still wants to succeed and have his rookie win NXT.

It makes for more interesting viewing than if everyone got along and held hands and sang songs.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
They've paired them up with people who aren't entirely similar in order to build up possible stories and conflicts.
A perfect example is Punk and Young. Punk obviously can't stand Young as a person but as we saw, he's willing to help him out. So we have this conflict of Punk despising Young for not being Straight Edge but yet he still wants to succeed and have his rookie win NXT.

It makes for more interesting viewing than if everyone got along and held hands and sang songs.

Ya that would work fine if they weren't trying to push NXT as a contest then it just make things seem pointless

xtremebadass

If it were up to me...

Shawn Michaels w/ Bryan
CM Punk w/ Young
Rey Mysterio w/ Gabriel
The Miz w/ Otunga
Batista w/ Skip Sheffield (COMEDY GOLD)
William Regal w/ Wade Barret
R-Truth w/ Tarver
Christian w/ Slater

Qwake

Yes , lets all make perfect pairs so everybody gets along and all they do is wrestle on the new reality show.

The pairings have been good, their are a few that get on well with each other even if they aren't similar in anyway, there are also guys that don't get along which brings people in to watch to see what happens with them and whatnot.

I'm suprised why Kaval wasn't put on the show tbh, he could have been great with someone, I guess they heard him speak and thought it would be best to debut him some other way.

LadyHotrod

Am I the only one who finds lulz in the pairing of Christian and Slater?

christian_slater_20090824.jpg

noumenon

I think they did a perfect job with the pairings. The whole point was to create conflict and tension between the majority of the teams with clashing personalities. It's obvious they wanted Daniel Bryan and Jericho to have a few matches and interactions to please the fans, so pairing Jericho with him wouldn't have made sense. Miz was a perfect fit, the guy is the biggest personality in the company right now.
CM Punk got the ridiculous looking South Beach party boy... pure comic gold.
Jericho got a guy who tries to out-cocky him.
R Truth got Otunga who has dubbed himself WWE's Kanye West and obviously doesn't seem impressed with R Truth's personality in the least bit.

TBH, I'm sure only two or 3 of these teams will even matter on the show, and I think we can see which already... so I wouldn't think too far into it.

MizMasta3000

Regal/Bryan

Miz/Riley

Truth/Otunga (i think it is decent)

Morrison/Slater

HHH/Barett

Rey/Kaval

Punk/Treasure Troll - Turn him straight edge so he can cut his attrocious hair

Christian/Justin Gabriel

Screw Tarver and Skip Sheffield tbh

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I like the pairings. It seems that they took more into account those lacking the most charisma and stuck them with the pros who have the most. It doesn't appear to be any type of character traits or wrestling styles were taken into consideration. Which is as it should be. I like the direction they are going with Otunga/Truth and Punk/Young.

Mister J

Reaction score
William Regal & Bryan Danielson
Fit Finlay & Wade Barrett