• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NXT Takeover: New York Discussion Thread

Sabretooth

I don't want to see you complain about Kofi ever again then because this was worse.

That's a joke. Beating five guys with each one being a fresh superstar isn't better than one guy kicking out of finishes against an opponent who's as tired as he is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
That's a joke. Beating five guys with each one being a fresh superstar isn't better than one guy kicking out of finishes against an opponent who's as tired as he is.
Other guys didn't even work the night.

Fresh as daisies and yet....get beat up by a guy who weighs 160 lbs.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I don't recall anyone else I've enjoyed kicking out 15 finishes and killing a 4-man faction all by themselves.

Ok but what about the time Stone Cold hit a stunner on every member of the Alliance? Was that even remotely believable? Easily more asinine than what we just watched.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Go back and re-watch the gauntlet. They protected several of those people with excuses. Plus, you can be beaten by one move. We've seen people get pinned in seconds before. It's much more believable to get pinned by the guy in the gauntlet than kick out, kick out, kick out, kick, kick out, kick out, kick out, take all of the Undisputed Era all by yourself, win match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
What a great Takeover main event opinions aside, I say every time that every match delivered but HOLY SHIT did they deliver tonight despite the card not crazy standing out to me on paper. I normally hate the indy style kickouts and false finishes but IDK something about that main event just didn't hurt me as much as others had, maybe bc it had a big match feel instead of just a basic TV match or something. I like Cole way more than Gargano but man that ending was just so much fun to watch and they sealed it with Ciampa :pour

Kross Rhodes

Ok but what about the time Stone Cold hit a stunner on every member of the Alliance? Was that even remotely believable? Easily more asinine than what we just watched.
A segment where someone beats up 15 people can be laughed out. It's only a segment. It doesn't affect the finish of an otherwise good match.

Kross Rhodes

Holy Exaggeration, Bat Man.
It's really not. He literally got hit by the double team tag finish. Kicked out. Got hit by two superkicks in a row and shinning wizard and kicked out and then destroyed all 4 members of UA by himself and then won the match. That's after the Fairytale Ending on the table and superkick spot he kicked out of and a Panama Sunrise he kicked out of and you know a 40-minute match that preceded it.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I'm not buying
A segment where someone beats up 15 people can be laughed out. It's only a segment. It doesn't affect the finish of an otherwise good match.

I guess I don't see the difference. It's the same product, the same setting, the same kind of people. Watching that many people just line up to get hit with a Stunner one by one is absolutely preposterous and simply unbelievable. There is a shred of believability about what happened in this match especially when you consider the things Johnny has overcome in the past, there's a precedent for it.