• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

Dale

Super Moderator
Someone please tell me they also saw Big E Langston's interview from a couple of weeks ago where they talked about the number 5 and he proceeded to tell us we had FIVE fingers on each hand, FIVE toes on each foot, a high FIVE and a low FIVE. This shit gave me flashbacks of Eli Cottonwood's Moustache promo and the 'Genesis Of McGillicutty.' :lmao :lmao :lmao

Dale

Super Moderator
This is the CLASSIC I was talking about :lmao

[video=youtube;hiJ8LdmNStI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiJ8LdmNStI[/video]

Undertaker

Would someone like to explain to me exactly what purpose NXT is meant to serve within the WWE? I thought it was only for developmental talents coming over from the independent promotions and WWE's training promotions as oppose to having already established wrestlers coming over from RAW and SmackDown to compete, even for the NXT title. This show is almost on par with TNA's booking at times. The first season of NXT was pretty decent because the idea was it would be a reality based show but since that first season it's clear that its just going to be another Superstars-like midweek show.

Dale

Super Moderator
It's essentially the old development grounds, mixed in with lower card main roster guys (McGillicutty, Trent etc) with a TV deal. It's very reminiscent of WWE ECW where it was used to bring in future main roster guys like Swagger, Sheamus, Kofi etc and there's no bullshit assault course challenges, no silly tasks to earn points just a good honest, wrestling show. I much prefer this sort of show rather than the old NXT which had so much potential, but was just ruined when it wasn't actually a reality show and was all just kayfabe.

I'm simple terms, it's a show where you can see the talent of the future being groomed and developed, simple.

Rated R Superstar

I think this is probably some of the best stuff I've seen from Jinder Mahal in a while. Justin Gabriel has improved somewhat on his mic work. It's helping a lot of the lower card guys improve on everything.

Ziggler is absolute garbage on the mic, that's why Vickie's been his mouthpiece for the last 3 years. And Miz TV is a wretched segment. Miz's mic skills are slim to none - spouting off a catchphrase and screaming into the mic to get your point over =/= skill, it's just being a poor man's Kennedy.