• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NXT April 8 Discussion Thread

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
1586383119619.png

Though Triple H felt that the final showdown between Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano deserved to take place on the biggest stage possible, the two best friends-turned-bitter rivals both agreed that all they needed to settle their score was a ring. So, Triple H is giving them what they want.

Tonight on NXT on USA Network, it will be Blackheart vs. Rebel Heart: One Final Beat. Triple H will give them an empty building with a ring inside and a referee. Two men will enter, and one will stand tall, determining who is the true heart and soul of NXT. But The Game made one thing clear: This is it. If they engage again following this battle, they will both be gone from NXT.

Who will be victorious in the final chapter of NXT’s most personal rivalry?

20200401_NXT_Candice_Mia_Io_Tegan_Chelsea_Kai_FC--556edc68807ec659e483875bc2147e48.jpg

After winning the NXT Women's Championship at WrestleMania, Charlotte Flair will not have to wait long to find out who her top challenger will be. The No. 1 Contender to The Queen will be determined in a six-woman Ladder Match tonight during NXT on USA Network. The bout was originally scheduled to take place at NXT TakeOver: Tampa.

Chelsea Green was the first to qualify, defeating Shotzi Blackheart on the March 4 edition of NXT on USA Network. One week later, Mia Yim qualified with a win over Dakota Kai, and Tegan Nox punched her ticket by defeating Deonna Purrazzo. Io Shirai beat Aliyah to get into the match, and Candice LeRae earned a spot with a win over Kayden Carter on the March 25 edition of NXT.

Dakota Kai claimed the final place in the match by winning a Second Chance Gauntlet Match, pinning Blackheart in the final stage of the battle.

Who will climb to new heights and earn a chance to challenge for the NXT Women's Championship? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Join us tonight! I may be there!​

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Yeah I'm getting caught up between Mania and Impact to watch, but damn I will be surely putting my thoughts on this Show when I see it later tonight if not tomorrow. Gargano vs Ciampa for the last time for now hehe, and I'm torn between who I want to see win the Women's Ladder Match between Dakota Kai, and Io Shirai. The Joshi fan in me wants Io vs Charlotte because if I was doing a Dream Match/Show with just Women those two vs each other would be a thing I would want to see. Now that Charlotte is the top Dog in the Division, she could face all of these ladies including Bianca who is on Raw so the possibilities are endless.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Yeah I'm getting caught up between Mania and Impact to watch, but damn I will be surely putting my thoughts on this Show when I see it later tonight if not tomorrow. Gargano vs Ciampa for the last time for now hehe, and I'm torn between who I want to see win the Women's Ladder Match between Dakota Kai, and Io Shirai. The Joshi fan in me wants Io vs Charlotte because if I was doing a Dream Match/Show with just Women those two vs each other would be a thing I would want to see. Now that Charlotte is the top Dog in the Division, she could face all of these ladies including Bianca who is on Raw so the possibilities are endless.

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Well, that was fantastic. That match and finish was the most compelling thing NXT's done in awhile. Best match in NXT in awhile. Loved the aggression and physicality between the two. And the swerve at the end is the perfect example of a swerve actually working. Gargano's shitbird heelish facial expression after the finish were perfect, too. I honestly never knew he had that in him. Good stuff. Interested to see where it goes.

JackieBoy23

Great match between Gargano and Ciampa, but now I hope their feud is definitely over.
Not because I got tired of seeing them in the ring (they always gave birth to very high quality matches), but because the feud has already lasted long enough and the time has come to see them engaged elsewhere.
The cinematic cut given to the match was excellent: it made sure that the silence around didn't weigh too much and that we focused on the details to make the final even more intense.
The final five minutes were crazy: a double swerve that deceives the spectator and makes the match flawless. It completely surprised me. Awesome!
The ladder match was also very nice: the storytelling was good and the action was pleasant. A few bumps without exaggerating and then Io Shirai's victory. I wish she would win against Charlotte, but I doubt it, because Charlotte is useful to improve ratings on Wednesday night.
But if Io wins, I want a long reign of terror from her: I have always loved her and deserves that title more than all the others.