NXT 5 Theme

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bigdude7

Reaction score
i love to fuck teachers they r so hardcore

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
WWE officials have reportedly discussed having the next season of NXT, the fifth, to feature Rookies with their WWE Legend fathers. Some of the father and son teams WWE could have access to include Brett & Ted DiBiase, Richie & Ricky Steamboat, Bo & Mike Rotundo, among others.

pwpix.net

I'd actually watch that

I'd love for that to come on in place of the late night showing of Superstars

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Season 5? Really? Has WWE not watched Seasons 3 and 4 or listened to the announcing by their announce teams?

I ain't gonna lie its not a bad idea but the show has been absolutely buried by the announce teams for the past 5 months that I doubt anybody over the age of 11 takes the show seriously and if they do they likely have serious mental problems.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much what P1 said. This is actually a great idea and I may actually check it out a few times however how can you take a show seriously that WWE doesn't even take seriously by what the commentators always say and what they make them do on the show.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Have they been bad during 4? I haven't really watched it that much to speak on the announcing

Reaction score
3 was a trainwreck but 4 has been a markable improvement, and has been better than 2.

The father/son pairing is a great idea and may attract an older audience wishing to see their faves from the 80's offsprings in action.

NXT Season 5 > OMEGA and all alumni

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Have they been bad during 4? I haven't really watched it that much to speak on the announcing

At times it seems that Todd Grisham is trying to take it seriously only for Josh Matthews to start bitching about the match sucking, Talking to Maryse, Saying there is gonna be an elimination when there is not 2 weeks in a row now for Todd to point out there is not, The ridiculousness of the competitions and the show entirely, How immunity points essentially mean nothing, screwing up who has the lead in immunity points, etc etc etc.

Then there is the pros on the stage mostly Dolph Ziggler making fun of the show with his actions when he's on the apron and comments during the matches just not taking the show seriously at all.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I haven't been watching it but I've been reading the detailed results for the show and seems like while it isn't getting as buried as it did last season it's still getting buried a lot. If they are doing it for comedy relief it isn't funny anymore.

Baller

Reaction score
I enjoyed season 4. not as good as 1 or 2, but it is entertaining. Josh is funny on commentary, and Dolph's smarky remarks are great. It may not be as serious as season 1 or 2, but it is still entertaining.

SAL

Reaction score
It's a webshow. They know who watches the webshows (geeks like us) and they cater to them. If this went back on TV, or they decided to take it more seriously, they'd (hopefully) stop burying it. Then again, Michael Cole on season 3 was outright burying everything that happened. That was one of the dumbest things I'd ever seen. As it is, I love the show right now, with the running commentary from the wrestlers and slight kayfabe-breaking. Actually, guys like Dolph Ziggler are getting a chance to show that they do have some mic skills when they're not put on a tight leash.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't care what theme they make the show, it's not going to be worth watching consistently while they have these stupid, irrelevant immunity challenges.

AF.

Reaction score
Sure, get rid of the pro's who actually make the show worth watching and add in boring Legends.

Won't watch it, but I never do watch NXT anyway.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I did a little research and this could work out just fine if they promoted it right and didn't shit all over it like they have the past 2 seasons. NXT has had 6 competitors since season 3 and they have 6 sons of HOF'ers so that would be no problem.

The big thing imo would be if they used their given name or not because imo it would be stupid to have say Sika's son on there and have his ring name be Roman Leakee.

So here would be the 6 combos.

Ricky Steamboat with his son Richie
Ted Dibiase, Sr with his son Brett.
Carlos Colon with his son Orlando or his ring name in FCW Tito
Mike Rotunda with his son Bo
Jerry Brisco with his son Wes
Sika Anoa'i with his son Joe

Mind you 4 of these 6 have sons/brothers who are currently or have worked for WWE in the past so perhaps they could be worked in the show somehow as well which could also help rebuild the tag division.

Kizza

Reaction score
personally, i think this whole set up is terrible.

with tough enough, who needs nxt?