Nominations: Guitarist Battles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MTG

Reaction score
I will do this the same as battle of the bands. 52 Guitarists Start naming them. Max of 4 each. (post what band they were ing) ***No bassists*** I will review every guitarist and if I feel they don't belong i wont include em. So start naming.

*Please Sticky*

Robby Krieger(the doors)
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaugn
Jimi Hendrix
Buckethead
keith Richards (rolling stones)
Eric Clapton
carlos santana
BB King
Joe Satriani
Duane Allman (Allman Brothers Band)
Jimmy Page (Zeppelin)
slash (gnr)
ronnie van zant (lynyrd skynrd)
joe perry (aerosmith)
david gilmour (pink floyd)
Synyster gates(avenged Sevenfold)
CC deville(poison)
Chuck Shuldiner (Death/Control Denied)
Dave Mustaine (Metallica/Megadeth)
Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth/Demons & Wizards)
Jeff Loomis (Santuary/Nevermore)
Angus Young (ac/dc)
Kirk Hammett (metallica)
Peter Lindgren (opeth)
Steve vai
Tonny Iomi (black Sabbath)
Timothy McTague (UnderOath)
Don Clark(Demon Hunter)
Nick Hipa (As I lay Dying)
Prince
Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)
Brian May(queen)
Glenn Tipton (judas Priest)
John Frusciante (RHCP)
Ritchie Blackmore
John Petrucci(dream Theatre)
Herman Li(dragonforce)
The Edge (u2)
Tom Morello (rage against the machine)
Richie Sambora (bon jovi)
Paul Gilbert
Pete Townshend (the who)
Frank Zappa
Mick Thompson (slipknot)
michael angelo batio
Adam Jones (Tool)
Ted Nugent
Scott Ian (Anthrax)
Yngwee J. Malmsteen
Sam Totman(dragonforce)
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)
Glen Buxton (Alice Cooper)
Dave Davies (the Kinks)
Joan Jett
Eddie Cochran
Ike Turner
George Harrison (beatles)
Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac)
Bruce Springsteen
Jack White (the White Stripes)
Johnny Ramone (the ramones)
Jerry Garcia (grateful Dead)
Greg Ginn(black Flag)

OFFICIAL LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTG

Reaction score
They are all accepted :)

Here are mine

Buckethead
keith Richards (rolling stones)
Eric Clapton
carlos santana

Soulpower

BB King
Joe Satriani
Duane Allman (Allman Brothers Band)
Jimmy Page (Zeppelin)

TRI

Reaction score
Slash (GNR)
Ronnie Van Zant (Lynyrd Skynrd)
Joe Perry (Aerosmith)
David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)

Reaction score
Chuck Shuldiner (Death/Control Denied)
Dave Mustaine (Metallica/Megadeth)
Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth/Demons & Wizards)
Jeff Loomis (Santuary/Nevermore)

It's sad that none of my guitarists are going to win or even be voted for. People will only vote for who they heard of. so guys like Slash, Keith Richards and David Gilmour with get all the votes cause people know them. I bet people don't even listen to half the things that people post up here. Sad. All of you...Sheep.

TRI

Reaction score
^Ok... Well I do listen to those guys, and I think that they are the bet guitarists of all time...

Reaction score
You are a musical philistine.

Why? Because he listens to different music than you do? And because he states his opinion about guitarists and you decide to insult him. Just because nobody picks your beloved bands and shit like that doesn't mean you should insult. Once again it shows that you have no self control over your musical opinions. And IMO, the guitarists I listed are the best guitarists I have ever heard. If you ever listen to Chuck Schuldiner play and say he's a bad guitarist is because you don't like the genre of music that he played. You stereotype ONE band because the rest of the bands in the same genre aren't as good. Why don't you listen to the way Chuck plays and the way he uses the guitar. If he was still alive today he would be listed as one of the greatest guitarists to ever live.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Why? Because he listens to different music than you
do?

You are an idiot aren't you?

And because he states his opinion about guitarists and you decide to insult him.

To call those 4 the greatest guitarists of all time is nothing short of total idiocy.

Just because nobody picks your beloved bands and shit like that doesn't mean you should insult.

That has nothing to do with it at all. I insult because the notion that anyone on that list is better than Page or SRV or Hendrix is just flat out stupid.

And IMO, the guitarists I listed are the best guitarists I have ever heard.

Then clearly you don't know very much about the intricacies of playing guitar and are likely unfamiliar with the work of the rest of the guitarists on this list.

If you ever listen to Chuck Schuldiner play and say he's a bad guitarist is because you don't like the genre of music that he played.

You're making assumptions. I like metal music. However they are, for the most part, very one dimensional when it comes to guitar work so I would suggest that you get yourself an education before you jump on the tardwagon and start making idiot assumptions.

You stereotype ONE band because the rest of the bands in the same genre aren't as good.

Again, leading the charge of the tardwagon is BOW.

Why don't you listen to the way Chuck plays and the way he uses the guitar.

Why do you assume I haven't listened to him?

If he was still alive today he would be listed as one of the greatest guitarists to ever live.

I doubt that he would even grace the top 10 guitarists list of any respectable or knowledgeable fan.

In short BoW, you know nothing about music history, or technique and styles so I would suggest that you educate yourself before you decided to tell someone who knows what he's talking about that he's wrong.

TRI

Reaction score
Alright well this is something called nominations, where you nominate who you think are the greatest guitarists. Those are who I think are, shoot me you have different opinions of who you think are great guitarists, so just chill the fuck out.

Untouchable

Reaction score
Kirk Hammett (metallica)

Peter Lindgren (opeth 1991-2007)

Steve vai

Soulpower

I know I already made my picks... But please, please, add Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath.