No one can beat Anderson Silva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King_Ash

Reaction score
Okay so I know 113 was a few weeks ago but ive been wanting to post this for a while. Anderson is the best pound for pound on the plannet, forget fedor gsp whatever, from what Ive seen Anderson Silva is near invincable, yes everyone can be beaten but where is silvas weeknesses okay it looked like he was gassed in 4 and 5th round of his latest defence but to me it looked like he already knew he won the fight and he just coasted through the next rounds. Okay fair enough anderson clowned around against Mia but through out the fight you knew Silva would win. When i saw anderson drop to 1 knee I thought he was trying a new technique which seemed to put Mia off his game, and once your opponent is off game dont you have the advantage? Mia is a great BJJ fighter and could have subbed silva if it went to the ground but silva used his game plan (and some showboating) and came out with the win. What i really want to know is if anyone on these forums can think of anyone who can beat silva really on the standup and the reasons cause I think he will be champ for awhile now, and i would love to see Anderson Silva Vs Machida even though they train at the same camps

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Silva would dominate Machida. That is plain and simple. Sure it would be an entertaining match up, but let's be honest Machida's performances are nowhere near the level of Silva's.

It is pretty much given that no one in the UFC's Middleweight division can defeat Anderson Silva.

KO over Leben
KO and TKO over Franklin
Submission over Hendo
TKO over Marquardt

His fights with Leites and Maia I don't even recognize because Silva is such a great fighter he SHOULD have finished those fights. A real "pound for pound best fighter in the world" would FINISH all of his fights.

His Cote fight I don't count either since Cote went down with an injury. Cote was looking pretty good in the first two rounds though.

There is one name in the MW division that intrigues me, and it is not Chael Sonnen. We all know Sonnen will talk up this fight much like Lesnar or Mir would, but Sonnen will be no match for Silva either. The name I am referring to is Vitor Belfort. MMA Magazine reported that Vitor requested the fight again with Silva now that his jnjury has healed. His record isn't too stellar, but his experience is definitely showing as he approaches the later of his career. His last three wins by KO. Nobody has ever knocked out Anderson Silva, 13 of Vitor's 19 wins have been won by KO. That is pretty damn impressive.

I think his biggest task would lay somewhere in the LHW or HW divisions, but like I said Silva would purely dominate Machida. He probably couldn't finish that fight because their levels are almost identical, it would go to decision to Silva.

His other two LHW opponents he knocked out clean not even halfway through the first round. I am not sure if any UFC LHW could beat Silva, but I would definitely be more intrigued in a fight with Rampage or Evans than a fight with Machida, but that is just me.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I think his biggest task would lay somewhere in the LHW or HW divisions, but like I said Silva would purely dominate Machida. He probably couldn't finish that fight because their levels are almost identical, it would go to decision to Silva.

His other two LHW opponents he knocked out clean not even halfway through the first round. I am not sure if any UFC LHW could beat Silva, but I would definitely be more intrigued in a fight with Rampage or Evans than a fight with Machida, but that is just me.
And a LHW fight with Jon "Bones" Jones... Just adding a tad bit of A MMA dream match

phantomgerald

Reaction score
How is it that a guy who cannot even last 3 rounds considered the best P4P fighter in the world? You guys can talk about how he dominated XXX fighter, but he struggled against Cote, Leites and Maia!

This is rubbish. Sonnen will put Silva on the back time and again and get a unanimous decision.

King_Ash

Reaction score
If Sonnen was a worthy contender he would have had a title shot by now. And im not sure if you watched Silva vs Maia but Silva didnt have trouble at any time in that fight.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
If Sonnen was a worthy contender he would have had a title shot by now. And im not sure if you watched Silva vs Maia but Silva didnt have trouble at any time in that fight.

And then he gasses out in the end. If Maia had any semblance of KO power, Silva would have been in trouble. Maia is just a bad match up. I think even you can recognize that!