No more WWE PPVs!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

- We posted some news yesterday on WWE Champion Triple H appearing in a new movie on the life of Lemmy from Motorhead fame. Triple H will be providing testimonials alongside names like Dave Grohl, Alice Cooper and Steve Vai. The film is expected to be released sometime in 2009.

- The world of pay-per-view as we know it could be changing in the coming years. WWE officials feel that the pay-per-view industry is a dying one and are looking to move their pay-per-views to the internet to bypass the cable and satellite companies.

- WWE officials aren't expecting Congress to call them in to testify in any steroid investigations but if it does happen, the company is confident that it has nothing to worry about.

Source: impactwrestling.com

-----------

What the hell? How would WWE make any money without PPVs? This doesn't make any sense at all...

This Guy

They were offering PPV's on there web site before. It still cost money. They would still make money....I doubt its happening anytime soon though. Band width is no where ready for that. And I think going exclusively web is a bad idea.

Enigma22

Reaction score
that would be pretty stupid but since ive only ordered one ppv ever it wouldnt really make a difference to me...

HHHforever

Reaction score
Won't happen anytime soon. They'd still make money as they'd charge for you to watch it online, but I don't like the idea.

However eventually it will happen as pretty much everything will probably be on the internet one day.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
If they do that then well that sucks cause I don't wanna be all up around a computer watching a PPV

wwe wouldn't do that.
probably 40% of that money made vince mcmahon a billionaire.

that would be Blue.
it'll make less money with it being on the internet. and they will be more expensive.

Ehhh what...lol he is not a billionaire....I guess you never saw the list of billionaires...

Evil Austin

There is two things wrong with that....

1. IT WOUDN"T DIE IF YOU GUYS MADE SOME DECENT STORYLINES....

2.WHY WOULD IT BE DYING BECAUSE VINCE OWNS THE WHOLE DOMAIN OF PPV, BOXING TNA AND ANYTHING ELSE HAS TO PAY HIM MONEY TO HOST IT ON PPV....

MikeRaw

2.WHY WOULD IT BE DYING BECAUSE VINCE OWNS THE WHOLE DOMAIN OF PPV, BOXING TNA AND ANYTHING ELSE HAS TO PAY HIM MONEY TO HOST IT ON PPV....

WTF are you talking about?
Since when does boxing have to pay vince to host on PPV? lol

Anyways, I cant see this happening for at least 5 years,and also, the original news website that posted that didnt even say they had an inside source or anything, they just randomly put it out there, sounds like shit to me.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Ehhh what...lol he is not a billionaire....I guess you never saw the list of billionaires...

You're really hell bendt on proving to everyone that VKM isn't a billionaire aren't you?

I believe he said he never WOULD have been a billionaire, which he was, he just isn't anymore.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
he said

probably 40% of that money made vince mcmahon a billionare.

so from what he is saying he thinks he is one now..he might be close hell he might have bought alot of candy before they did the survey to see who one and he bought all that Candy and was not one for a week or so lol idk

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yes, made him a billionaire which he at one point was. On that little list you have he currently isn't, but the point is he was a billionaire. That is a fact.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
He might have been

I just love to point out the fact he is not one now..

gashface

Reaction score
It means they'll make people pay to watch them online, not that they'll give them PPV's for free. Good idea imo, as long as you don't charge as much...

I've been thinking TNA should do this, they have a strong internet following, see their youtube.. if they offered PPV's online.. not only could they broadcast to the entire world live, not just the USA, but they could charge say $15.. and I would probably buy it.

Airfixx

^^^PPVs aren't live in every country (at least where it's available)???

The is an inevitable move... Won't happen yet though. As This Guy says bandwidth issues prevent it being succesfully implemented right now. When they do finally launch it, maybe they'll run the two in tandem for a while while they 'iron out the creases'.

Re: comments about not wanting to watch on your computer. That won't be necessary. Net-ready TV is a thing of the present.

Ultimately, these plans won't change the way we watch WWE.

In addition... This isn't gonna bring the price of PPVs down.

chessarmy

What the hell are you talking about? I really hope you were kidding or something