No Commentary? Yay, Nay?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Watching Sami Zayn Vs Adrian Neville in a dark match was quite enjoyable for two reasons. I was ale to watch the moves without the cameras switching in weird angles, and no commentary drama, granted I love storylines and when commentators speak upon the moves it's amazing, however that's very rare and I ended up enjoying this match without the extra crap.

Do you think matches like these need commentary? Or do you like it without commentary? Let me know. I am interested in others opinions on this.

JONES1

Jobber
Reaction score
You can tell it's a great match when you don't need the commentary, which is at its lowest point in years atm. Reminds me of all the old ECW fan cams, some of the best hidden gems ever in there.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Colour commentary is *supposed* to add to the experience and I truly believe it did back in the day, Now? I just have raw running on mute most of the time unless its a promo so that shows where I clearly stand :p

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
TBH, the announcers make me chuckle from time to time, so I would miss it a little. Whether it be me actually laughing at what they said or just reacting to what they said be being like 'you dumb ass' and making myself laugh.

That all being said, I miss the days of JR actually telling you what the moves are when they do it instead of the BS chatter that goes on most days ('vinatge' :stfu:). Did anyone notice they used one of the newer guys from NXT on the Smackdown from 2 weeks ago? I need to watch last weeks so I can see if he was still there. I liked having SOMEONE ELSE in the mix for once.

Reactions: Butters!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Get Paul Heyman, Regal and JBL on commentary and there you have it. No more Jerry Shitler and Micro Cole garbage...

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Ugh anyone. Please. Not a Cole fan here. Lawler>Cole IMO

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If they have a "No Commentary" version of Raw on the Network I'd buy it without hesitation. These three are truly abominable.

It's hard to watch the show on mute (unless its the Divas) because the sound effects and the crowd add so much to the show (+ having to unmute for promos, etc). But it's usually a better idea than listening to these three.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
If that DQ's me than fine. I totally stand by that opinion.

Lawler is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. He can't even be called a colour commentator. Like seriously.

Michael Cole selling DBryan at Elimination Chamber and Mania was some of the greatest commentary I've heard in years.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
A monkey could have called that match and its still would have been enjoyable. More-so even

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Lawler is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. He can't even be called a colour commentator. Like seriously.

Michael Cole selling DBryan at Elimination Chamber and Mania was some of the greatest commentary I've heard in years.
Shows how bad things have been in the E for years. Cole maybe good by modern standards because the world has crumbled around him.

Reactions: Trip in the Head