"No, but your Mum does"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Miz made me giggle when he said that. CM Punk mentioned his wrestling ability - for no reason - and took a legitimate shot at Miz in my opinion, and Miz handled himself pretty well. Regardless, what was your take on the lie detector main event?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I like the way Punk handled it. It seemed like they were legitimately taking shots at each other.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Miz always takes shots at people, I remember he did it to Dolph last year when he was banging on about him not being over. Miz's remark was pretty unoriginal and unfunny IMO.

Oh and really enjoyed the segment as a whole, I love it when WWE tries to think outside the box and do random things like that.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It was just funny because Punk seemed completely serious and Miz dropped a your mom joke on him. :pipebomb:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
Miz always takes shots at people, I remember he did it to Dolph last year when he was banging on about him not being over. Miz's remark was pretty unoriginal and unfunny IMO.

Oh and really enjoyed the segment as a whole, I love it when WWE tries to think outside the box and do random things like that.

His shot to Dolph was because Dolph took one first, and it was the same with Punk. I love Punk but there was no need for the wrestling school remark and you can tell Miz was shocked by it, and he handled it perfectly. Thoroughly impressed with Miz in that whole segment to be honest. Sometimes Punk does have these legitimate shots at people which makes him come off as jealous and bitter, I wish he stuck to kayfabe with some of these promos.

Reactions: RadicalOneO

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
His shot to Dolph was because Dolph took one first, and it was the same with Punk. I love Punk but there was no need for the wrestling school remark and you can tell Miz was shocked by it, and he handled it perfectly. Thoroughly impressed with Miz in that whole segment to be honest. Sometimes Punk does have these legitimate shots at people which makes him come off as jealous and bitter, I wish he stuck to kayfabe with some of these promos.

Yeah Punk acted like a dick, but Miz should have known that by now lol. I thought he handled it really poorly, if that were Dolph for example, somebody who, is regarded by most as poorer than Miz on the stick, would have came up with a much wittier response than a Mum joke. Oh and the Dolph incident I was referring to was ages ago, I'll have a hunt for the video.

Reactions: RadicalOneO

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
In what universe is it illogical for the Miz to throw a your moma joke out? Whilst a face now he is still the same egotistical character. Well within the bounds of his character and he did it well and handled both his segments well in my opinion.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
If you're above the age of 8 and making a Mum joke then it has to at least be somewhat original(see Rock), Miz's remark was just juvenile and cringeworthy. It wasn't illogical, it was just terrible.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Rock was original with his? It was horribly stereotypical

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
The rock was better when he was insulting coach!
#popcornfart

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
The Rock was original with his? It was horribly stereotypical

Any Mum joke is childish but the way in which Rock delivered it made it funny enough (obviously subjective). A lot better than 'SO DOES YOUR MUM OHHH!!', god how anyone can defend that comment is beyond me. Fair enough the promo, but that 'joke' was simply awful.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I must say I laughed when Punk talked about him not paying attention to wrestling school. Was a good segment, different.