• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NJPW New Japan Cup 2024 - March 6 - March 20, 2024

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
When Goto wins the title after dedicating it to his dad's memory and then Christian Cage comes up on the video screen for a forbidden Door challenge
Sometimes I think the wrestling world should just give you control of what goes on lol I'd love that

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
It was probably supposed to be Tsuji vs Finlay I imagine before Fin had to be removed. But I would not have minded Goto winning either it would have been a cool story.

I think regardless the winner was losing to Naito at Sakura Genesis or wtv, would be really mean to have Naito lose there.

Also fun story : every LIJ member that has won the NJC has turned on LIJ and Naito - sometimes even dethroning him as champ (Sanada, EVIL)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
If Tsuji was always gonna win then this is fine, what should have happened. If Finlay was supposed to win only to lose to Naito then baffling not to have Goto just fill in. But we'll never know anyway, I'm not gonna be down on Tsuji winning now when a week ago he was my top pick lmao

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
If Tsuji was always gonna win then this is fine, what should have happened. If Finlay was supposed to win only to lose to Naito then baffling not to have Goto just fill in. But we'll never know anyway, I'm not gonna be down on Tsuji winning now when a week ago he was my top pick lmao
I think regardless tsuji having a njc win is way more important in the grand scheme of things and for his long term development. Goto would have been a nice throwback but ya, Tsuji needs this way more so I do think it's the "right" call regardless.

Goto would have been chill , classic njpw booking where we start to believe it's possible.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
As I watch the New Japan Cup Finals Show Hiromu should be worried the Class looks like Juniors to me they'll be breathing down his Neck even more within a few Years.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Damn Bushi are you trying to cripple the Young Lions? Man if it was me I'm getting up after selling the Boston Crab and I'm kicking Bushi's ass or at least ripping up his Mask.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Let's be serious Commentators for a second New Japan has no plans for Loa and will be gone once his Contract is up.