• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NJPW New Beginning 2024 tour - January 20 - February 24, 2024

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

New Beginning in Nagoya (January 20) Full card, preview​

NEVER title to headline in Dolphin’s Arena

The New Beginning series kicks off on January 20, as Dolphin’s Arena in Nagoya will see two championships on the line, and plenty of ground covered on the road to big events later in the series.
Watch LIVE IN ENGLISH on NJPW World!

Main event: NEVER Openweight Championship- Tama Tonga vs EVIL
Singles record: 4-1 EVIL

012008.jpg

Wrestle Kingdom 18 saw Tama Tonga lift the NEVER Openweight Championship for the fourth time after a thrilling match that underscored the title’s ‘BMF’ identity and wowed the Tokyo Dome crowd. By rights, Tonga should have been on top of the world, but his victory was bitter sweet, and the night after decidedly sour.

Tonga admitted in post match comments that he had had a lot on his mind heading into January 4, and had reached the decision to leave NJPW after some 14 years at the end of the month. As he sought to spend more time with his young family, Tama may well have had designs on leaving on top, retiring with the NEVER Openweight title and perhaps vacating it to allow the best of a young up and coming crop to compete. EVIL had other designs.

A post match beat down at New Year Dash not only saw the King of Darkness stake his claim to the NEVER belt, but also humiliate the newly crowned champion as he hacked off Tama’s hair. It was the resurfacing of a lot of triumph and trauma for Tama and EVIL; back in 2022, it was against EVIL during the New Japan Cup that Tama would be stabbed in the back by his BULLET CLUB brethren and brutally atttacked. Yet that May would see Tama’s first ever singles crowning at EVIL’s expense in Fukuoka, his first NEVER reign affirming him as a star of his own making. Now, will that star go out on his own terms, or be extinguished into blackness?

7th Match: Guerrillas of Destiny (Hikuleo & El Phantasmo) vs BULLET CLUB (Chase Owens & KENTA)
012004.jpg

After Chase Owens issued a challenge on behalf of he and KENTA at new Year Dash, the BULLET CLUB duo will be facing El Phantasmo and Hikuleo for the IWGP Tag Team Championships in Osaka on February 11. In the meantime, GoD had a date with Clark Connors and Alex Coughlin to fulfil for the NJPW STRONG belts in San Jose. That defence proving successful, the confident fighting champions have agreed for Nagoya’s non title preview tag bout to instead be for the STRONG belts. Both Aussie Open and Bishamon’s time as double champions proved brief; can Hikuleo and Phantasmo withstand the considerable pressure in Nagoya?

6th Match: KOPW 2024- 10 Minute Ishimori Ring Fit Match Taiji Ishimori vs Great-O-Khan
012007.jpg

The most unique championship in NJPW, KOPW’s 2024 got off to a characteristically unpredictable start at New Year Dash after Taiji Ishimori captured the belt for the first time this year in a four way ten minute scramble match. After securing the last pinfall of the bout, Ishimori played keep away from an increasingly incensed Great O-Khan, who did all he could to get another opponent into the ring in time, to no avail. That led to a backstage shouting match, with some far from charitable words exchanged.

Now, the first defence is set up, and Ishimori will defend his KOPW 2024 belt against Tanahashi in a 10 minute Ishimori Ring Fit Match. Ten minutes will be on the clock, with the last title holder at the end of the time limit the victor. Additionally, at three minute intervals, the two must stop for 30 seconds of high intensity circuit training. Last year in Nagoya, O-Khan faced Shingo Takagi in an MMA match that looked to be right up the Dominator’s street, but ended in a crushing defeat and led into a difficult year for O-Khan. Will 2024 prove different?

5th Match: Los Ingobernables De Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Yota Tsuji, Shingo Takagi & Testuya Naito) vs Just Five Guys (TAKA Michinoku, DOUKI, Yuya Uemura, Taichi & SANADA)
012006.jpg

As SANADA gets set for a rematch against Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship in Sapporo February 24, and other LIJ members prepare for their own singles matches against Just Five Guys opposite numbers, the two teams will be doing battle in ten man action. Who will be victorious in this key preview?

4th Match: Togi Makabe, Tomohiro Ishii, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita, Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls & Zack Sabre Jr.)
012005.jpg

After a shock victory for TMDK over an all star team of Tomohiro Ishii, Kazuchika Okada, Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley in Sumida at New Year Dash, Kosei Fujita, Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls are gunning for Okada, Ishii and Hiroshi Tanahashi’s NEVER Openweight 6 Man Championships in Korakuen January 24. As the wrestling world reels from the announcement that Okada is departing NJPW, could more eight man success be the prelude to six man glory three weeks later?

3rd match: El DespeWato (Master Wato & El Desperado) vs HOUSE OF TORTURE (SHO & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Tag record: 1-0 H.O.T

4_8.jpg

With El Desperado set to defend the IWGP junior Heavyweight Championship against former partner Yoshinobu Kanemaru in Korakuen on the Road to New Beginning and SHO and Master Wato colliding, tag team action will see a double singles preview in Nagoya. El DespeWato will reluctantly reunite against a common foe in Dolphin’s Arena.

2nd Match: United Empire (Callum Newman, Francesco Akira, TJP, HENARE & Jeff Cobb) vs BULLET CLUB War Dogs (Drilla Moloney, Clark Connors, Gabe Kidd, Alex Coughlin & David Finlay)
crs_468717_1.jpg

After a wild brawl at New Year Dash set up a five on five steel cage showdown in Osaka February 11, United Empire and BULLET CLUB War Dogs continue their vicious feud in Nagoya where one team seeks to take an early advantage.

1st Match: Tomoaki Honma & Shota Umino vs HOUSE OF TORTURE (Ren Narita & Yujiro Takahashi)
crs_466810_7.jpg

Shota Umino’s vendetta against Ren Narita and HOUSE OF TORTURE will kick off the main card action in Nagoya. After efforts to get his hands on his former friend Narita have been consistently frustrated, Umino is days away from a long requested singles encounter in Korakuen Hall. Before that, tag team action will see the forces of good look to trump the allies of EVIL.

Kickoff Match: Shoma Kato vs Katsuya Murashima
crs_466265_2-1.jpg

Young Lions Shoma Kato and Katsuya Murashima will face off in a special kickoff bout at 4:30 PM local time. As Oskar Leube and Yuto Nakashima move on to excursion, pressure will build on these two men to carry the Noge Dojo’s proud standard, and for one to lead over the other.​

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Good God almighty Day 1 for the New Beginnings Tour is nearly 4 Hours! Let the suffering begin!

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Hey New Japan I know you have your Commentators try to put over the new Young Lions but it would be smarter to do Behind the Scenes type of stuff to make the fans get invested in these young rookiers a little more I feel.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Is that new House of Torture Music or that sorely for Narita? If so he hasn't reached that Boss level as of yet to come out to that Theme.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Chris I have to disagree with you theirs no path when you join House of Torture. When have they served of any worth as talents?

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
When they weren't HoT

Yeah maybe when they were with BC but even then those guys didn't set the World on fire. At least BC does have some kind of direction with Finlay and the War Dawgs for sure.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Speaking about the War Dawgs and the bum Finlay :lol

And now it's on!

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I didn't even think about what will happen to United Empire with Ospreay leaving for AEW. Maybe Cobb takes leadership and they keep on rolling with them.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Finlay would win with a random ass Powerbomb as if he's Vader :lmao

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Not too long ago Despy didn't want any friendship with Wato now he's rolling with him everywhere. I've been saying for Years now Kanemaru is one of the most underrated Wrestlers I've ever watched. Really hype for Despy vs Kanemaru for sure.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
House ot Torture with 2 wins during this Show :harden2

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Rainmaker's Goodbye Tour has begun. Tana with the TV Title feels so weird to me.