NJPW at WRESTLEMANIA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neilslam

Reaction score
hey all,

I posted this on the PPV thread, but this may be the appropriate one. anyhow, I
was watching WRESTLETALK or whatever and they were talking about how stars
from New Japan Wrestling were in attendance for WRESTLEMANINA 34, particularly
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Minoru Suzuki. folks might be wondering why were they there?
I have a few possible ideas. comments are welcome.

1. they were in town and went to it for a night of fun.
2. they wanted to see how the WWE does a PPV in comparison.
3. they were scouting their next possible employers.

the first two are likely, yet the third is with the assumption they want to go to the
WWE in the first place. Suzuki, in particular. he would be the perfect Japanese heel,
scaring the crap out of and beating the crap out of the roster. of course, his attacking
the ref, ring crew, interviewer, etc. might not fly with Vince and company. of course,
imagine him and Shinsuke teaming up. any thoughts?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The reason they were there is because they are wrestling fans and had a friend in the main event. Nothing more. Nothing less. Neither Tanahashi or Suzuki have any interest in jumping ship. And Okada is backstage every year since he knows multiple people who work in WWE.

It really isn't much more than that.