Nintendo sues gamer, and wins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
In Australia, a 23 year old has been ordered to pay Nintendo $1.6 million in a landmark anti-piracy court settlement.

On top of that he also has to pay $100,000 in court fees to the gaming giant.

He is the first person to be sued in the Federal Court for game piracy.

The man had obtained a copy of Super Mario Bros for Wii a week before it's official release and then uploaded, which was then downloaded by over 50,000 people.

Nintendo Australia managing director Ross Lappin has stated that the piracy was devastating and caused untold losses.

Ms Lappin went to to say that "It was a disaster because we'd requested the game early and got it first in the world. When it was downloaded we were all devastated about that and the implications globally."

Ok, now. This guy is 23 years old. WHY would you do such a thing? I get the whole 'I got it first!' thing, but really? Now this guy is under a financial weight that he is likely never going to get out from under. Past tense of course. He has essentially ruined his whole life. Nobody is going to want to hire him. I bet he is feeling like a total freakin' idiot.