Nia being body-shamed backstage?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

In this line of work and with the world of social media, I am subjected to body shaming & it’s something I have accepted. It sucks when you get it in your own backyard around people you’re changing in front of and trust with your body. I am a HEALTHY bigger woman, I LOVE MY BODY. Body shaming is WRONG! I hope every person struggling with their body WHATEVER shape or size you are, do not allow someone to shame their perfectly beautiful body! [HASHTAG]#SpreadLove[/HASHTAG]

I know a lot of people will judge her and that is whatever, she even expects that.
It comes with fame and being on TV... But, it seems she is being shamed backstage.

It makes me wonder who would be doing this and why. Could it be another one of the female wrestlers? Maybe a few of them? Some of the guys?

Thoughts?

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I don't really see no reason for it especially since she helps put over a lot of talent based on her size and strength. I would LOVE to see her ACTUALLY become the most dominant woman in WWE but it seems like they don't want to do that with her (for whatever damn reasons). Nia has the potential to be something greater than she is in this sport, she's beautiful off camera/without makeup (not a lot of the other women can pull that off) and I hope she becomes successful whether in wrestling/WWE or plus size modeling.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My thought & opinions can be found here...

News - Who is Nia Jax talking about here?

I'm curious to see what exactly happens with Nia...as there has been
a lot of drama surrounding her in recent times.

I will admit I'm not a fan of her in-ring work as I find her boring to watch
and honestly...I think shes kind of dangerous given her "size" compared
to the other women on the roster...

But...

Nia is a beautiful woman who doesn't deserve to be "shamed" for anything.

I have to be honest & say I'd personally like to see Nia booked as a sassy
face who actually dominates in a way you'd expect her to given her "size"
advantage...but...I still think she has a long way to go as far as her in-ring
skills are concerned.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Okay...well...Nia Jax has been a heel basically her
entire WWE career...in NXT & the main roster.
U can go ahead and delete ur last two responses If u wish. I understand what u said. I already deleted my two responses. Until I catch up on the recent showing, Then I'll respond.

Reactions: Crash

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling Sasha Banks is involved somehow
Why? Because of her recent beat downs by Paige & Crew?

I don't think so...Sasha has basically always been booked like
a complete loser since she arrived on the main roster.

Sasha's job has been to make the pretty blondes look
good...Charlotte, Alexa...even Natalya who has eliminated
her from the past two Survivor Series matches.

If I had to guess Sasha will feud with Mandy Rose next
and be forced to put her over in 2 or 3 matches.

Just watch...

I just hope it wasn't Emma giving Nia a hard time...that
would make me very sad.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Nia most certainly is a pretty girl, but she is beyond “plus size”. She is obese. She can’t perform in a 15 minute match without looking absolutely gassed, and is too heavy to take some of the bumps that the other girls do. If she is in the ring more than a minute or two it’s obvious she in conserving energy.

If she was a male wrestler no one would have a problem calling her a fat ass. People are quick to criticize Lesnar and Goldberg for having a lack of endurance in the ring.

I like her BTW. I like having a powerhouse woman on the roster, but she has gained considerable weight over the last two years.

Her ring gear is downright unflattering also, which only adds to the appearance of being out of shape.

If she can’t perform because of her weight, she doesn’t appear to be a credible threat. If something was said to her on the professional level it’s not “mean” or “body shaming”, it’s relevant to her ability to perform the job.

Reactions: Doxo

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Her ring gear is downright unflattering also
It truly is horrible...

She can’t perform in a 15 minute match without looking absolutely gassed, and is too heavy to take some of the bumps that the other girls do. If she is in the ring more than a minute or two it’s obvious she in conserving energy.
I've never really thought about in that way...
I just think Nia looks awkward in the ring...
but I don't think it has anything to do with
her weight/size...I just think she moves
awkwardly.

Alicia Fox is the same to me...and she
is built like a broom stick.

A sexy broom stick but she's still awkward
in the ring.

Some of the women on the roster just have
a natural look in the ring...like they truly belong
there.

If she can’t perform because of her weight, she doesn’t appear to be a credible threat. If something was said to her on the professional level it’s not “mean” or “body shaming”, it’s relevant to her ability to perform the job.
A fair call...

I've have stated that if Nia didn't have her "size"
& "family ties" she would never have been hired
by the WWE.

My Problem With Nia Jax

Reactions: collim1

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Nia1.jpg

I don't see anything she should be ashamed about...

Reactions: Crash

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
"I am subjected to body shaming & it’s something I have accepted."
Well apparently she hasn't accepted it, otherwise we wouldn't talk about it now. Kinda hypocritical of her to take this to social media again (as she does with a lot of things) with the sole purpose of, ironically, shaming the people who shamed her. That's like bullying a bully, some might say they deserve it but then again, you also don't fight fire with fire. She should just be the stronger person here and ignore it, in my opinion.
Also, Nia Jax's character and reason for success is her body, without it she wouldn't be the sore thumb sticking out of the women's division. So of course she's gonna hold on to this statement of "I love my body" for as long as possible, I would too. If Nia would lose weight, she'd lose her credibility and marketability, plain and simple. Being plus sized is kinda like her brand now, because being an amazing wrestler just isn't.

As far as whoever could have body shamed her goes. I'd say one of the 3 that just joined the locker room which are Mandy, Sonja or Paige. In my opinion those are the only logical options because the other women have been in the locker room with Nia for over a year now, so why would they randomly start talking shit now?

kinda find it funny how she posted a video of her running for 15 seconds as if that's some type of approval of her being fit. Once again, if you really don't care about what people think of your physique or body type, you wouldn't bother trying to convince them of the opposite. That's what you call insecurity. Either that or she just wants to make herself look like a hero for fat people. One way or another, she should just live her life the way she wants to and not make a big deal out of situations like these for attention or praise