NHL End of Game/Power Play discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

James Bond

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I work around quite a few hockey fans. We recently got on the discussion about power plays at the end of games.

Have you ever noticed a team get shafted by bring given a 5 minute power play with 1 minute remaining... And they're down by 1 goal. This sparked a discussion where all of us agreed that the game should not end during one of these situations. The game should continue until the power play is over to give the trailing team a chance to tie it.

It could also be argued that the game could end after a power play when a game is tied.

Thoughts?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So what's the alternative? Simply extend the game past the standard 60 minutes to give the poor team that's down a goal a chance to come back and tie? Don't think that's going to happen.

Reaction score
i don't believe there are enough letters in the word no, to properly express the amount of "no" this thread needs.

I am in favor of extending the fighting penalty to all five minute major penalties. (For those who don't know, if you fight in the final five minutes of the game, you are subject to suspension of the following game.)