• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Batista's WWE future

Predictions are high that as of tonight the weather will change.It's almost certain that Undertaker will win tonight,AND become World Heavyweight champion.I truly hope so...but anyways if Undertaker wins tonight might that be a death knell for Batista's future?

As history will attest MOST of Undertaker's Mania victims either left town almost immediately,or lost push power.The exception being HHH,Kane,Show,and Flair.

Snuka left shortly after WM 7

Jake Roberts gone after WM 8

Giant Gonzales clearly on his way to the end of the road at WM9

King Kong Bundy did very little between his WM11 defeat,and his WWE departure.

Diesel(Kevin Nash) jumped to WCW after WM12

Psycho Sid fizzled as of WM13

Big Bossman never really got pushed much to begin with,but WM15 didn't help much.

Wm19...Albert went downhill,and even Taker's partner Nathan Jones became an eventual casualty.

WM21 Orton fell at the hands of the deadman.He has yet to achieve the glory he did prior to his Mania defeat.Not to mention the highly publicized disciplinary problems reported of Orton following WM 21.

WM22 Mark Henry yet another casualty of war...again not much to push there.

It seems that people who lose to Taker at Mania are ones who WWE either has given up on,or doesn't know what else to do with.It's no secret that WWE isn't too high on Batista comparing him to Ultimate Warrior afterall and most fans don't seem receptive to him either.It seems that when you face Taker at Mania and lose it is to signal that you are not long for WWE.Do you agree?Let me know.

the dark knight

u 4got lesnar and goldberg . and even the rock .

Oasis

Reaction score
I never noticed that before. Yeah i think their going to let Batista go, because I think their pushing Lashley to replace Batista

Kaedon

Reaction score
They arent going to let Batista go. He is one of the biggest stars in the company. Orton was in the main event the next year at 22. Didnt get the same fame? HHH, Kane, and Flair all are still in the WWE. Nash was gone before he stepped in the ring, GOnzalez hung around till Summerslam and the WWE realized what a POS he is. Henry only left because he got injured by Batista. I believe you are reading too much into it.

3lions

Reaction score
Rock, Lesnar and Goldberg never faced the Undertaker at Mania you idiot.

As for the thread, i highly doubt the WWE will let Batista go. He is a star in WWE, whether he deserves it or not. He may be taken out of the ME for a little while to refresh his character and to remove some of the heat he has gotten recently, but he won't be released.

Axis

I don't think it's much of a trend.

But you should mention that after Flair lost to Taker, he was lost in the midcard shuffle really until this day.

MelGreat

Reaction score
Ya, there not going to let Batista go, he's way too big at the moment, but I doubt he'll win tonight.

taker0

Reaction score
yep taker won. new champ

Wrestling Station

Nope, Batista will win the belt again in Backlash imo. So he wont lose that push for this year atleast.

Defiant One

Reaction score
they wont let Batista go he is one of their biggest draws now whether he should be is anyone's guess. Probaly reading too much into this

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I highly dout batista winning at backlash.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
ahhhhhh..they wont let Batista beat Taker in one month....they did the same thing to Kane (expect that was one day) and ppl are still pissed....taker is three times as popular as kane is....if the WWE were to give taker a one month run after winning at mania and the rumble u sure as hell better be ready for some angry phone calls at WWE headquarters

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
Thats true, people were estatic when Taker won that tite, they are going to be 10 times pissed if he were to lose it in one month, plus, batisita would get one hell of a booing

xtremebadass

Well looks to me like WWE might hang on to Batista for about a couple more months and if he won't get hot again they might just drop him.