NFL Offseason Thread [2019]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
nfloffseason.png

Discuss anything happening in the NFL during the offseason here.
The 2019 regular season will kick off on Thursday, Sept. 5

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
Congratulations to all the Patriots except number 12. He is tiptoeing into Montana territory but not there yet. Go Raiders, Bucs and Bills.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Anyone watching the AAF during the offseason? If they can get more teams and continue to grow, it'd be absolutely perfect to fill the gap between NFL seasons.

Plus stuff like this happens -

Imagine what they'd do to a pass rusher in the NFL if they hit Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers like that.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Anyone watching the AAF during the offseason? If they can get more teams and continue to grow, it'd be absolutely perfect to fill the gap between NFL seasons.

Plus stuff like this happens -

Imagine what they'd do to a pass rusher in the NFL if they hit Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers like that.

I think someone in the third row sold that dude's head on Ebay

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The Raiders will be playing in the Coliseum in 2019.

That's good to see at least, getting to play the final season before the move in their home stadium. I'm still kinda bummed about the move. Even though I live across the country, they're still my favorite team, and it's change. I don't like change! They've moved before but for the entire time I've been a football fan they've been the Oakland Raiders. It doesn't feel right.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
He's really been that good? Sweet
Yup, we haven't had this good of a QB in a long time. The biggest problem has been finding and keeping some good targets for him. Jordy Nelson is the best receiver on the team, and while he's still playing great for a 12th year receiver, it's a part of the roster the team is going to have to address once again this year.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yup, we haven't had this good of a QB in a long time. The biggest problem has been finding and keeping some good targets for him. Jordy Nelson is the best receiver on the team, and while he's still playing great for a 12th year receiver, it's a part of the roster the team is going to have to address once again this year.

Those concerns should definitely be laid to rest now with his contract for the year fully guaranteed, but with Coop gone I can't name a Raiders receiver.

What happened to the OL, though? Loved what they did to sign all those FA's to play with Gabe Jackson.

AB to buffalo, wtf.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The OL is just tragic right now. Partially due to Gruden changing the blocking scheme to zone which the team basically never did, and never did it well. They passed on a bunch of guys in the draft that could have replaced Mack to instead draft two absolute busts at OT. Marshawn Lynch missed a lot of the season with an injury, which maybe wouldn't have happened if someone could have blocked for him more often.

It's kinda sad, the OL was fantastic during the past couple of seasons.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Raiders flipped a 3rd and 5th to Pitt for AB. Grand theft robbery lol