NFL Off Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
We haven't had an Off Season thread so I thought that I may as well create one.

I am pumped for the new season to start, I cannot wait to see Manziel play in the NFL.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I am pumped for the new season to start, I cannot wait to see Manziel play in the NFL.
Me too. If he ends up as the starter his first real game will be against the Steelers, which means it may be the last one he plays as well. Hell, even if he survives the Steel Curtain, he's got to go up against the Ravens two weeks later. My prediction for Manziel's first season in the NFL? Pain.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Me too. If he ends up as the starter his first real game will be against the Steelers, which means it may be the last one he plays as well. Hell, even if he survives the Steel Curtain, he's got to go up against the Ravens two weeks later. My prediction for Manziel's first season in the NFL? Pain.
He's quick enough to avoid being sacked, he's a fantastic player in the pocket.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He's quick enough to avoid being sacked, he's a fantastic player in the pocket.
You do realize that college and the NFL are totally different games right? He's not going to have the same type of protection that he had at A&M and the defenses he's facing are a lot bigger and meaner.

I'm going to keep this quote handy and make sure to remind you of it after he's mauled for the first time against the Steelers. It's not really a matter of if, just when and who gets to be the first player to knock him on his ass.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
You do realize that college and the NFL are totally different games right? He's not going to have the same type of protection that he had at A&M and the defenses his facing are a lot bigger and meaner.

I'm going to keep this quote handy and make sure to remind you of it after he's mauled for the first time against the Steelers. It's not really a matter of if, just when and who gets to be the first player to knock him on his ass.
Of course they are but I think Manziel is good enough to make the step up. I think that he will be the more successful out of him and Bortles.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Of course they are but I think Manziel is good enough to make the step up. I think that he will be the more successful out of him and Bortles.
Honestly, Bortles seems more NFL ready to me than Manziel, but since he's playing for Jacksonville I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck him up. :lol:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Hoping Falcons do better this season, can't do much worse lol. I've been counting it down for awhile now so football season hurry up.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am hoping the Steelers do better this season but I don't see that as they have one wide receiver the other will be very green.

Jay Dee

Reaction score
I'm hoping for at least a playoff spot for the steelers, we had a pretty good draft, not amazing, but some good solid picks. It's just a case that our OL needs to help big ben out a bit more than they have done the last couple of seasons, its those forced passes that are killing us

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So yeah, as I figured would happen, Johnny Manziel tanked so bad in his last game that the Browns will be starting Brian Hoyer in Week One. Manziel should actually feel blessed that he doesn't have to get killed by the Steelers, although I almost feel bad for Hoyer now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
So yeah, as I figured would happen, Johnny Manziel tanked so bad in his last game that the Browns will be starting Brian Hoyer in Week One. Manziel should actually feel blessed that he doesn't have to get killed by the Steelers, although I almost feel bad for Hoyer now.

Give Manziel a chance, he's a rookie.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Give Manziel a chance, he's a rookie.

I didn't say I wasn't giving him a chance, just that I'm not shocked they're going with Hoyer. Believe me, if you're a big fan, you did not want him facing the Steelers in his first game.

In a totally unrelated note, for some reason, my iPhone autocorrect wanted to change "first" to "Iran"! :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
So Fuji Two Steelers picked up for marry Jane today. Levion Bell and Lagaroutte Blount.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Regardless of my personal feelings on marijuana, it's against the rules and they were stupid to be doing it in the first place. Hopefully the punishment isn't too harsh, but in the meantime at least we'll be able to see what we've got in Dri Archer.

You've got to admit, it's pretty funny that a guy named Blount got busted for smoking pot.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Yeah it is funny. I actually was laughing about that last night while I was driving home wasn't Blount in trouble with that before?