NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

Reggie Bush signs 4-year contract with Detroit Lions.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Perfect fit for Reggie and the Lions. He could possibly have the kind of season Darren Sproles had a few years ago with the Saints since he is going to get plenty of passes thrown his way in that offense.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

I can't wait for the Vikings D to wreck shop on Bush since he's easily one of the most overrated players of all time.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Wes Welker in serious talks with the Denver Broncos :peyton:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Titans signed Shonn Greene and Cards sign Mendenhall.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

The standard of being a QB in the NFL has drastically changed and being fairly good doesn't cut it anymore. So, Tannehill and Freeman are both going to have to step up their games to be worth anything in the coming seasons.

I totally agree about being contenders, but Legion brought up being competitive. Pretty sure Bucs and Dolphins were competitive last year. Freeman has a short leash, he needs to step up this year and be consistent. Give Tannehill at least 2 more years before fully rating him. He had no one to throw to last year.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Broncos and Welker officially agree to a deal

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

I can see New England making Danny Amendola their new Welker after this move.

Pretty surprised by this, Denver has to be the favorites to win the Super Bowl now.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Welker, Decker and Thomas :peyton:

15-1

SAL

Reaction score

I can see New England making Danny Amendola their new Welker after this move.

Pretty surprised by this, Denver has to be the favorites to win the Super Bowl now.

Why is everyone assuming NE will have to get a white WR? There are no good black slot WRs out there? I think this is kinda funny.

Hey PHX, copy/paste that thing I wrote about the Ravens yesterday here and exchange Welker for Boldin. I love that my coach/GM isn't afraid to make an unpopular decision. Though I DON'T particularly love the rumored contract Welker got with the Broncos: 2 years, $12 million. I mean if it was 3/27 or something I'd happily pack Wes' bags.

Weez

Reaction score

Welker, Decker and Thomas :peyton:

15-1

Man, glad I got Thomas last year in my Fantasy team. Welker's gonna eat into both of their productivities. But, I don't know 15-1, but I'm definitely thinking 13-3, 12-4 lol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Why is everyone assuming NE will have to get a white WR? There are no good black slot WRs out there? I think this is kinda funny.

Hey PHX, copy/paste that thing I wrote about the Ravens yesterday here and exchange Welker for Boldin. I love that my coach/GM isn't afraid to make an unpopular decision. Though I DON'T particularly love the rumored contract Welker got with the Broncos: 2 years, $12 million. I mean if it was 3/27 or something I'd happily pack Wes' bags.
Apparently a certain somebody doesn't share your sentiments

A source close to Tom Brady tells CSN New England he is "beyond enraged" at the Patriots letting Wes Welker for two years and $12 million, and feels it is a "disgrace" and a "disservice."

As he should be. Brady didn't renegotiate his deal to free up $8.2 million in 2013 cap space so the Patriots could let his favorite target walk for less than what Brian Hartline is making. It's business as usual for the Pats, but Brady clearly thought his new deal would make for an exception with his slot machine. Brady has been "enraged" at Pats moves before, but the effects of this one could be long-lasting. New England's braintrust has some explaining to do.
Can't say I blame Brady if this is how he reacted considering he structured his deal to be able to keep Welker basically. Just makes it worse probably because of the fact that they could have easily gave him the same contract the Broncos just did without any problems. That said Pats always replace WR's pretty easy so they should be fine.

SAL

Reaction score

Apparently a certain somebody doesn't share your sentiments

Can't say I blame Brady if this is how he reacted considering he structured his deal to be able to keep Welker basically. Just makes it worse probably because of the fact that they could have easily gave him the same contract the Broncos just did without any problems. That said Pats always replace WR's pretty easy so they should be fine.

Brady would never say that to the press and he's always been a company guy. The Patriots are going to do what they do every year, which is spend right up to the salary cap. Now they have plenty of flexibility to address the defensive line, secondary, and probably a WR or two.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Yeah would shock me if he actually said that publicly but I can believe it is something he would say around people close to him or at least something he would be thinking. Like I said though luckily for them WR has been the easiest plug and play position for the Pats ever since Brady has been the starting QB so they should ultimately be fine but letting him go to the Broncos is going to bite them in the ass this year.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Did you really just say that? It has absolutely nothing about him being white. If Randell Cobb (great slot receiver) was on the market, I would say he would be a possible signing for the Patriots. Amendola seems like someone that can fit right in the Patriots. His only issue is staying healthy, so that might make the Patriots hesitate. It had nothing to do with being white.