• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

Big Red Jericho Punk

Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

The Jets aren’t stupid for doing this. Revis is probably going to leave in 2014 to go to a true contender. I can’t see Jets being a Super Bowl contender by then, this is a team completely rebuilding. If they trade Revis for a few first round draft picks and a few others, it would be good value.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||

If the Jets are interested in becoming contenders again in the near future, dealing Revis wouldn't be a terrible idea tbh. I'm sure some teams would give an arm and a leg to have him on their team and the Jets might get a pretty good deal depending on how they play their cards.

The New F'n Show

Rumors has it the best offer for Revis so far has been a 2nd round pick. That's kind of ridiculous, even with the injury.

zigglerHEEL

doubt they could get a high 1st round pick, but you have to think a playoff team with a late first rounder would be willing to part with it for Revis.... just to throw this out there, with the Jets reportedly interested in Michael Vick i wonder if The Eagles could package Vick and a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Revis given Philly's obvious need for help in the secondary

Dod Draper

Depends what the Jets can get for Revis coming off his ACL. Was reading earlier that he may struggle to make it back for Christmas. With that said, can anybody really see a team giving up anything valuable for him? Then again, though, if they've decided that they're not giving him a new contract for whatever reason ($), then what else can they do? They're probably backed into a corner by some of the other stupid contracts that they've given out.

Dod Draper

Their QB situation is laughable aswell. Compounding that with the addition of Vick would just be flat-out dumb. Over-the-hill QB, who's taken some big hits over the past couple of years, who'd also be on big money. Handing out lucrative contracts to veterans who probably don't give a shit about the team isn't going to help the Jets out.

Alex Smith and Matt Flynn will both be on the market in the summer, and with no stand-outs coming out of college, can anybody see the Jets doing better? Depends if they can accommodate them schematically, though. If they want to run some of the goofy wildcat-esque stuff that they ran with Tebow this year, then they may as well sign Vick and solidify their status as next season's biggest bust nice and early.

zigglerHEEL

I was only going off of hearing that they had interest in Vick, and come on, it's the Jets... The Eagles might be able to trade him if more than one team shows any kind of interest at all and they don't want to get into a bidding war.... i know he's done, I'm an Eagles fan, but I think somebody is gonna bite and he'll be starting somewhere next year (maybe even Philly if Chip Kelly thinks he can run the read option, which I don't), especially due to the very poor QB class in this year's draft....

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||

Okay yeah, if all the Jets are going to get for him is a 2nd rounder, then lol hell no. I was thinking something more along the lines of a Herchel Walker-type deal.

MrMister

Jets want at least a 1st and 2nd round pick. This is an All Pro cornerback we're talking about here. I'm sure teams will try to use his ACL injury for leverage, but those injuries aren't as big of a deal as they used to be.

Also :lmao @ Titus Young. What a spare and what an idiot. I'm glad Dallas is fucked with the salary cap or Jerry might try to sign him once the Lions cut him. It'd be funnier if the Lions keep him on, but put him on the practice squad or some shit. Or IR him again.

PHX

Legacy Member

Titus Young is a total idiot who acts like he has accomplished something already. With that attitude dude is going to talk himself out of the league and have to go play some CFL or arena ball.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||

In all seriousness, arena football doesn't get the respect it deserves.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||

New Orleans Voodoo ftw!

I got behind them when they were the Shreveport Battlewings just because Quincy Carter was their QB :lmao They're a good team though. For arena league standards anyways.