• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

Also, I've always known that the Niners passed on Rodgers in favour of Smith back in 2005, but I never knew they passed on Brady in 2000 aswell. :lmao

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Brady was like a 6th round draft pick, every team in the league passed up on him multiple times. Can't really single out the Niners for that one.

Dod Draper

Reaction score

Yeah, but they drafted a quarterback in round 3. Also, he was another big Niners fan who grew up nearby which makes it a little more significant. Reason I mentioned it was because the doc I'm watching had the Niners coach from the time listing all the reasons they opted against drafting him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Guess I'm the only one picking Baltimore. I see why Denver is widely picked but can't pick against the Ravens regardless.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Great 1st quarter of football, had a little bit of everything, both teams look sharp on both sides.... didn't think I'd be so into this game

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

What a Game!!!!!! this shit is crazy!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I'm 0-1 in my picks so far this weekend and I couldn't be happier. That game was fucking amazing. No other playoff game including the Super Bowl will come anywhere close to that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

From now on I'm calling Kaepernick "Whitecheal Vick".

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

He looks pretty white to me :side:

MrMister

Reaction score

Holy shit @ Ravens/Broncos. What a game. THAT BOMB. How/Why Denver? FLACCO

I was so fucking pissed when I heard about that. The weakest fucking defense in the history of football. Everyone complained at how many yards we gave up to Washington, but I'm guessing those same people aren't aware of how the Tampa 2 works. Make no mistake about it, I definitely think Dallas should revert to a 4-3 defense since the version of the 3-4 we've been running really isn't how it's designed to work and Ware sucks in coverage. But I would much rather bring in someone like Lovie who runs a very simple and basic 4-3 rather than a lax zone-coverage whoring Tampa 2. Fuck. That. And it's so completely polar opposite of the scheme we've been running, hardly anyone on our defense is going to be comfortable with it. Tampa 2 also keeps the same 11 players on the field in nickle formation ALL THE TIME and we've had enough trouble with injuries as it is. What the fuck was Jerry thinking?

I don't think/I hope Kiffin doesn't run Tampa 2. We just don't have the guys for it. We don't have dominant 3 techs. We don't have zone CBs. We don't have a SS. I do think Lee could work as Mike, but Lee can probably work in any scheme. I think he's that good. Dallas needs to get some 3 techs quick. Ratliff can probably do it, but we need more.

Dod Draper

Reaction score

Bitter end for the Pack. Season ends as it begun, with another frustratingly poor game plan for the Niners from Dom Capers. First game of the season, it was blown coverages and some flat out bad calls, with Alex Smith picking us apart. This time, it was the complete naivety in nullifying the read option and Kaepernick's athletic ability when scrambling. The Niners scored at will today, and Capers had no answers aside from putting Clay Matthews on a QB spy assignment. It's frustrating, because we have one of the best players in football on D in Matthews, with some other solid players (Raji, Woodson, Williams, Shields, Burnett). The personnel is certainly better than the performance they turned tonight. Troy Aikman (one of my favourite commentators) picked up on the non-existent preparation for Kaepernick.

On offense, it was as expected. Playing the best defense in football on the road, it's hard to expect a lot. Defense had to show but didn't.

I hope Ravens clinch the Bowl now. Just for Ray Lewis. Dude's incredible.

[video=youtube_share;GcSBw76_tpk]http://youtu.be/GcSBw76_tpk[/video]

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Not just Ray, but that whole damn team. Flacco really isn't getting enough credit for what he did last night and the week before against the Colts. And what Smith did to Champ Bailey, one of the greatest cornerbacks in the history of the NFL, just basically DESTROYED him all damn night.... WOW. I'm definitely happy for Ray since he's my favorite player ever, but he couldn't have done it without the Ravens playing the way they did. The game was only close because of those two busted special teams plays that Holliday ran back touchdowns on, but the offense and defense still overcame it.

Needless to say, I'm rooting for Houston like mad today now. The Ravens don't need Brady next week. Not saying the Ravens can't beat them, but I just like their chances against Houston better. Problem is, I don't like Houston's chances against New England like AT ALL.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

That pass Flacco made to Pitta on 3rd down from their own 3 was just awesome, Ray Rice wasn't great but had a couple real nice runs that contributed to some good drives... this team is just playing really well right now and I think they've go a good chance no matter who they face next week......

How good were the Niners last night!!!! Damn I hope the Seahawks win today so we get a rematch between the best of the west in the NFC..... hopefully more good football on tap today!