NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

^^ agreed, the only thing I didn't like was them calling a bootleg rollout run with RGIII in the 3rd quarter when he was clearly hurt.... that was unneccessary, but Shanahan's job is to try to win the game and 60% of RGIII is clearly better than 100% of Kirk Cousins
Especially when their offense in designed specifically for RGIII.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

[video=youtube;uMd6AmBfYU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMd6AmBfYU8[/video]

JONES!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Think Rob was one of the few doing something right in Dallas. Fuck you Jerry Jones, fuck you.

On a better note, Rob Parker's contract wasn't renewed by ESPN.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Think Rob was one of the few doing something right in Dallas. Fuck you Jerry Jones, fuck you.

On a better note, Rob Parker's contract wasn't renewed by ESPN.

:Jerry:

So RGIII tore both the LCL and ACL.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I hope we move back to a 4-3 defense now. It suites Ware better and a simpler scheme might be in our best interest.

MrMister

Reaction score

The problem with switching back to 4-3 is that Dallas has been drafting 3-4 players for a few years now. We have few to no 4-3 DT's or DE's. Ware can play DE, but we got no one else really. Ratliff perhaps at 3 tech. Without true 3 techs and 5 techs, I'm not sure Lee and Carter can hack the 4-3. They're pretty good though so perhaps I'd be wrong. Lee is just a football player. I think he can play almost anywhere at linebacker. Still, you gotta have pressure from the DE's and the 3 techs need to be disruptive while forcing shit to the outside.

I've read Dallas is looking at Monte Kiffin. Lee could be a decent Mike in the Tampa 2, but we have no safeties, and again we have no 4-3 lineman really. It's not like we had 3-4 lineman either. Dallas hasn't had a good Dline since the 90s.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

I think Dallas could pull off the 4-3. Ratliff would probably be more effective in it, my opinion. I don't like the Tampa 2 idea though. Your DBs are important in that scheme.

MrMister

Reaction score

Kiffin looks like the guy atm but supposedly isn't married to running his Tampa 2.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Of all the changes Dallas needs to make this wasn't exactly anywhere near the top of the list. Biggest changes that need to happen that probably won't is to get a new head coach and a new QB.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Kiffin looks like the guy atm but supposedly isn't married to running his Tampa 2.
I was so fucking pissed when I heard about that. The weakest fucking defense in the history of football. Everyone complained at how many yards we gave up to Washington, but I'm guessing those same people aren't aware of how the Tampa 2 works. Make no mistake about it, I definitely think Dallas should revert to a 4-3 defense since the version of the 3-4 we've been running really isn't how it's designed to work and Ware sucks in coverage. But I would much rather bring in someone like Lovie who runs a very simple and basic 4-3 rather than a lax zone-coverage whoring Tampa 2. Fuck. That. And it's so completely polar opposite of the scheme we've been running, hardly anyone on our defense is going to be comfortable with it. Tampa 2 also keeps the same 11 players on the field in nickle formation ALL THE TIME and we've had enough trouble with injuries as it is. What the fuck was Jerry thinking?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Divisional Rount NFL Playoffs Picks

HOU@NE - While being a native Texan really makes me want to root for the Texans today, Matt Schaub is facing the most difficult challenge of his season. New England hasn't been very good at defending the pass this season, but they have been very good at stopping scoring and the run game. New England will focus on shutting down Arian Foster (Houston's workhorse) and will constantly dare Matt Schaub to throw the ball. Schaub will drive the ball, but judging from his shaky performances in recent weeks, it's highly unlikely Houston can depend on him to match points with the highest-scoring offense in the NFL and he will likely turn the ball over in the process. Tom Brady and the Patriots offense not only leads the league in total yards, but also total points. Barring a complete catastrophe on the part of Brady, New England stands a good chance to run away with this game.

My pick: PATRIOTS

BAL@DEN - Now while Denver might just be the most complete football team in the NFL, let's not let that detract us from Baltimore's defensive capability. This is a completely different team than we have seen in recent weeks with both Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs back on the field, particularly Week 15 when Baltimore last visited Denver losing 17-34. The Ravens defense WILL do enough to put them in a poistion to win this game this time around. However, the real question will be whether Joe Flacco will drive the ball. In Week 15, he barely completed 50% of his passes against this Denver defense, once by fumbling and once by throwing a rare interception. Now while I'm definitely expecting this Ravens team to fight hard for their leader Ray Lewis in what could be his last game, I just like Denver chances at home better, especially considering they boast not only a Top 5 offense, but also a Top 5 defense. The Ravens can drive the ball, but they will need to drive it constantly to keep pace with Peyton Manning and against a ridiculous defense. This is just not a situation that favors Flacco.

My pick: BRONCOS

SEA@ATL - Make no mistake about it, Atlanta has been explosive this year. But I guarantee you they were rooting for the Redskins like crazy last Sunday because there's no way Matt Ryan wanted any part of this lightening-fast Seattle secondary. Seattle only won two games on the road during the regular season, but don't let that fool you. This is a VERY good defense and quite possibly the best secondary in the NFL right now. And if you have any doubts about what Seattle's offense can do, take a look at what they did to the 49ers defense in Week 16. They destroyed them. Russell Wilson is not your typical NFL rookie and there is a reason he's the last rookie standing in this playoff tournament. Atlanta has also been pitiful at stopping the run this season, ranked 29th in the league, and that's all Seattle does. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another highlight reel run by Lynch like we did last year. I LOVE Seattle in this game.

My pick: SEAHAWKS

GB@SF - This is unquestionably the hardest game of the weekend to call. These two teams met in Week 1 at Lambeau Field and the result was a 49ers win, but there was something very different about that game... San Francisco had a completely different quarterback. That day Alex Smith piled up a 125.6 QB Rating and the current 49ers QB Kaepernick has only played 1 game where he had a higher rating. This is also a situation Aaron Rodgers has been in before and it will be Kaepernick's first playoff appearance. Now although I asolutely LOVE this 49ers defense and fully expect them to shut down Ryan Grant and the Green Bay rushing attack again, I'm positive Rodgers will be airing it out a lot sooner this time around to avoid mounting another 4th quarter comeback.

My pick: PACKERS

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Pats
Denver
Falcons
49'ers

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

I'm with you on all 4 picks [MENTION=494]We Are Legion[/MENTION] and I agree that the Niners and Pack is the toughest game to predict, although I think the Ravens Broncs game could be good as well.... happy Footballing

Dod Draper

Reaction score

GB@SF - This is unquestionably the hardest game of the weekend to call. These two teams met in Week 1 at Lambeau Field and the result was a 49ers win, but there was something very different about that game... San Francisco had a completely different quarterback. That day Alex Smith piled up a 125.6 QB Rating and the current 49ers QB Kaepernick has only played 1 game where he had a higher rating. This is also a situation Aaron Rodgers has been in before and it will be Kaepernick's first playoff appearance. Now although I asolutely LOVE this 49ers defense and fully expect them to shut down Ryan Grant and the Green Bay rushing attack again, I'm positive Rodgers will be airing it out a lot sooner this time around to avoid mounting another 4th quarter comeback.
My pick: PACKERS

Agree but DeJuan Harris is our main back now. Dude's looked real solid (and racked up some 100 yard games recently, which has been non-existent for us over the past couple of years). I still don't expect us to get very far rushing against the Niners. Regardless, it's good that they have to at least consider our running game this time out.

Justin Smith recovering and playing will be a big boost for the Niners.