NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

I'm on board with Alex Smith, he can run enough to run that system believably... again I'm sure Dixon would be third string (maybe backup) and used mostly to help teach the system....

As for the Wade Phillips/Rob Ryan comparison, Phillips was always a good defensive mind just a TERRIBLE head coach, wasn't surprised to see his success in Houston (especially with the players he had to work with) and I agree the Saints D really can't get any worse and i would think Ryan will stick with his 3-4 scheme

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

:lmao I found this amusing. Flacco telling his offensive teammates on the sidelines to tackle Ted Ginn if he started to break a punt return.

Joe Flacco willing to break rules to tackle Ted Ginn Jr. - NFL.com

Also, Giants released Chris Canty as well. That's 3 starters so far and Cruz could be the 4th. Definitely a team to watch in free agency.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

:lmao I found this amusing. Flacco telling his offensive teammates on the sidelines to tackle Ted Ginn if he started to break a punt return.

Joe Flacco willing to break rules to tackle Ted Ginn Jr. - NFL.com

Also, Giants released Chris Canty as well. That's 3 starters so far and Cruz could be the 4th. Definitely a team to watch in free agency.

What free agent recievers are out there that could replace Cruz or do they have in house guys? He and Nicks are a terrific 1-2 when healthy, you'd think Eli would speak up in an effort to try and keep both..

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Ted Ginn, Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, and Mike Wallace are probably going to be free agents, so there's some options. Jennings was being reported as either going to the Dolphins or the Vikings most-likely and he's probably the best fit to replace Cruz unless NYG want's more of a deep threat with Wallace or Ginn.

It's really not really a fault on the Giants organization for not signing him though, it's Cruz asking for too much money. He wants to be one of the highest paid receivers in the league and he's just simply not worth Calvin Johnson-type money. He's fucking kidding himself.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

I dunno, Ginn is purely a return guy at this point (4th or 5th reciever at best), I can't see Boldin going anywhere at this point given his praise of the Ravens' organization and of course the super bowl win, Jennings seems to be fading a bit although still a good reciever... and Wallace is basically a slightly taller Cruz... The reciever crop in the draft is decent I guess but not great.... but hey I'm an Eagles fan so if they want to get rid of Cruz (an Eagles killer) I'm all for it

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Your Eagles just need cornerbacks, honestly. Dallas shuts that fucker down every time. I counted like 4 dropped passes by him in Week 1 last season. I've always found him vastly overrated. Deep threat receivers usually kill Dallas though, so I hope to god Ginn and Wallace don't go there. Ginn's hands have always been questionable, but the fact remains he was still my favorite receiver in college football the year he was drafted. He made Troy Smith look good, and that's saying something. The guy's never really had much of a chance in the NFL imo. Call me crazy, but I think he could be a lot like Percy Harvin if given the opportunity.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Oh yeah and Wes Weller is likely gonna be a free agent too.

Tim Tebow too (who may very well be playing WR wherever he lands)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Jacksonville might as well take a chance on Tebo at QB since if nothing else they can sell tickets and have something to pretend to be happy about given he is the hometown boy and all. Hoping Baltimore can keep their team together but realistically might only be able to keep a few key guys like Kruger and Ellerbee and probably sadly lose Ed Reed and Boldin. Ozzie owns though at managing the cap and everything though so who knows he might be able to make it work.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Oh yeah, speaking of the Jaguars... NEW LOGO!

1-1493.jpg

imo, if you're going to make adjustments to the logo, you should probably change it up a little more than that. If anything, they just made their mascott look more feminine.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

man, that does look feminine.... [MENTION=483]PHX[/MENTION] I just can't see Boldin going anywhere. Can't remember where I read it, but he was raving about the organization recently compared to the Cardinals. Sadly, I would uber shocked if Ed Reed is back. He is still damn good, but he just can't stay healthy for a full season and I don't think the Ravens would be willing to pay him what it would take to keep him when he'll most likely play only 10-12 games.... I love offseasons almost as much as the games themself, can't wait to see where pieces start to fall and how teams will shape up heading towards the draft.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Yeah man, offseason is when I constantly out myself as a borderline psychotic football junkie. I'm practically the only person I know that is still watching NFL Network religiously throughout the offseason just to see where everyone lands. Used to be even more fun when I was following NCAA regularly, but that's something I have to get current on this month leading into the draft. Need to check out some mock drafts and look these players up on Youtube.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

man, that does look feminine.... [MENTION=483]PHX[/MENTION] I just can't see Boldin going anywhere. Can't remember where I read it, but he was raving about the organization recently compared to the Cardinals. Sadly, I would uber shocked if Ed Reed is back. He is still damn good, but he just can't stay healthy for a full season and I don't think the Ravens would be willing to pay him what it would take to keep him when he'll most likely play only 10-12 games.... I love offseasons almost as much as the games themself, can't wait to see where pieces start to fall and how teams will shape up heading towards the draft.
I really hope that is the case that they keep Boldin cause the man was amazing in the playoffs. If he does stay he would have to take less money than he did last year and despite how much he loves it here I don't know if he'd be up for that or not. I thought Reed was as good as gone but Ozzie apparently isn't going to give up on resigning him. Badly want him to retire a Raven but it just seems difficult at this point.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Hey Ricky, what would you think about the Ravens drafting Manti Te'o?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Funny you ask that since I was thinking to myself earlier when I kept seeing how much he is dropping down draft boards that I don't care about the girlfriend hoax I would like to see him be the Ray Lewis replacement. Leadership was a strong point of his in college and had great ability but Baltimore would obviously have to trade up for this to be possible.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

might not have to trade up too too much... I see him going in the 18-25 range with him either slipping further or moving up depending on his combine showing... he's got good speed, very good ball instincts/hands, he's a good, not great, tackler... There's a chance he could translate into more of a Polamalu type safety if he slims down a bit and while I think he will be a good pro I wouldn't count on him to fill the Ray Lewis void..... and so you know I'm currently wearing my navy blue #5 Notre Dame jersey