Nexus replacements?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
The only problem with the Nexus stable is that some of the guys involved are total geeks. I don't care for guys like Young, Slater, or even Gabriel (he won't go anywhere past the mid card once this is over), if this whole angle is designed to create new top level performers then some changes need to be made. Personally, I would have Nexus lose at SummerSlam, then on RAW the next night have Barrett come out and publicly kick out the geeks from the group. Replace Gabriel, Slater, and Young with some of the season 2 NXT rookies like Kaval, Alex Riley, or Mcgillicuddy (despite the awful name). This can lead to Nexus V2, it'll reinvigorate the WWE/NXT feud and possibly lead to another big match in the main event of a PPV sometime down the road.

Thoughts?

imported_Adam

Reaction score
i dont see why your pointing out gabriel or slater.. i prefer those two over tarver who has no talent whatsoever and skip sheffield who is more focused on taunting people and pretending to be a big tough guy when hes really not..

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ What an informative, creative, imaginative response! Thank you for contributing your knowledge of professional wrestling with all of us, you certainly proved me wrong.

Reaction score
I would fire Darren Young because he just looks stupid, and isnt going anywhere anyhow.

They should rehire Daniel "The Man Too Violent For Television" (what an awesome moniker that is too) Bryan in place of Darren Young

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think the Nexus 7 are fine. The only thing they could do to make it sweeter is if they kept all 8 together instead of firing Danielson for something stupid. They don't need to reinvigorate it with the NXT Season 2 guys, as those guys need to find something different amongst themselves to stand out. They can't just keep rehashing the NXT angle of disgruntled NXT losers joining the current Nexus group and just having NXT be a feeder league for that stable. lol.

But yeah, Slater & Youg can GTFO after this angle is done. But I like Michael Tarver & Justin Gabriel.

CMS

Reaction score
I don't need to elaborate more. Nexus isn't some sort of regular stable where guys can just be changed when please. The logic of the stable is that the seven of them formed a bond before their NXT season started and promised that them would succeed and get contracts in WWE.

That they would break that bond and replace some members with NXT season 2 guys just makes no storyline sense.

Reaction score
People rag on Gabriel, but at least the guy can look mean. Drew "Gay Swashbuckler" McIntyre and a whole slew of other heels can't even do that right!

imported_Adam

Reaction score
But I like Michael Tarver

Really? why? the guy has no talent in the ring, crappy mic skills, and all he does is brag about how mean he is and never really show it... the toughest thing the guy has ever done was taunt an opponent who was unconcious on the ground and his 1 victory since joining raw? against yoshi tatsu... not even impressive... nexus would be way better off without him....

and @ CMS i agree but if this was about honor and stuff, they wouldn't have kicked daniel bryan out of the group for showing a little remorse...... which is what happened in the storyline... so if they wanted to cut more people out i guess they could do something like that...?

CMS

Reaction score
First off, it seems I will be eating my words as apparently they will be beefing up Nexus. To me it still makes no storyline sense but so be it.

Secondly, they got rid of Bryan because he showed remorse of his actions. It made absolute sense that they kicked him out for that, since they were in for bigger things and if Daniel Bryan showed remorse from the very get go, he would only slow them down.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Really? why? the guy has no talent in the ring, crappy mic skills, and all he does is brag about how mean he is and never really show it... the toughest thing the guy has ever done was taunt an opponent who was unconcious on the ground and his 1 victory since joining raw? against yoshi tatsu... not even impressive... nexus would be way better off without him....

and @ CMS i agree but if this was about honor and stuff, they wouldn't have kicked daniel bryan out of the group for showing a little remorse...... which is what happened in the storyline... so if they wanted to cut more people out i guess they could do something like that...?

I'd have to disagree with you on the Mic skills department. Next to Barrett he gets the second largest amount of mic time out of the whole group because he is really good. He doesn't fumble his words like Young, Otunga & Slater do. Yeah, he's not the BEST wrestler out of the group, but his gimmick of being able to knock a guy out in 1.9 seconds, if they actually WENT with that, he wouldn't need to have a lot of in ring skills to succeed. He could get his ass kicked throughout the match and have that punchers chance to win and pull it off consistently. But I think they are afraid to let him do that because Big Show already has that knock out gimmick.

He stands out the most with his unique look, next to Justin Gabriel. Like I said he's second only to Barrett on the mic in that group, and generally I see good things for him if done right. But yeah, right now I can definitely see how he is one of the weakest links.

Montana

Reaction score
Bring in Percy Watson, and have him be a "Virgil" character for the group, before breaking out becoming a face.

Bring in Kaval too, and kick out Tarver.

Reaction score
Percy Watson needs to do his own thing. That guy has superstar written all over him, he has more charisma than the entire Nexxus combined and could easily get mad over on his own. If they want him to really succeed they need to put him on SD! where there is such a huge lack of talent he could really shine and not get lost in the shuffle. I think Kaval would benefit from going to SD! as well, he doesn't need to get lost in the shuffle either.

Alex Riley just needs to GTFO. His character really bothers me. Who's he designed to feud with? Archie and Jugghead?

But if they are going to patch Nexxus up with some NXT 2 guys, they should obviously use Husky Harris and Mike McGuilicutty after he cuts a promo where he talks about how his name isn't McGuilicutty, it's Hennig and how shafted he feels about having to use such an atrociously fake name when he's a third generation star from the famed Hennig family. Mike's got it all, the look, the ability and the mic skills. I even think he's better than Barrettt, who is the cream of the Nexxus crop. And I like Husky, he has a different look, can really really work well in the ring and his mic skills are good too. It's just crazy hom far superior the season 2 guys are compared to the season 1 guys. Season 1 produced 2 definite keepers in Wade and Dragon and 3 possibilities in Sheffield, Gabriel and Otunga (he has the look), season 2 produced 4 definite keepers in Harris, Kaval, Mike and Percy Watson and had some definite possibilities in Riley (if they change that stupid character) Cottonwood and Lucky Cannon.