Next Gen Xbox is coming!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
After weeks of rumor and speculation, Microsoft has confirmed that it will be holding an event on Tuesday, May 21st at 10am PST to unveil its next-generation Xbox, commonly referred to as Durango or Xbox 720. The event will take place at the company's Redmond, Washington campus.

IGN

We've seen the PS4 in action, time for Microsoft to lift the veil.

Castiel

Reaction score
Interested, I'm not ready for a new system though.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Today's the day!

I would be LDing the reveal, but I've got Yoga tonight so I'll have to catch the end of the conference (presuming it goes two hours).

Castiel

Reaction score
Soo, Xbox One. I really like the name since so many assumed it would be Xbox 720 or what which would've sounded awful. I didn't watch or read too much into it honestly but it looks fair enough. Either way I'm sure I won't get it for another two years or so, price drops and by then the weird starter games will be out of the way and it will all be normal.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
I was honestly thinking about finally getting a playstation until I saw the reveal the xbox one looks badass

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I hate new gen shit. Mostly because from a financial standpoint I don't have the means to keep up with the market and as a result I end up continually trying to play catch up. It's bad enough that I have the Samsung SII and they already have the 4 out, but now you're telling me my 360 will also be obsolete? SHIIIT.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I hate new gen shit. Mostly because from a financial standpoint I don't have the means to keep up with the market and as a result I end up continually trying to play catch up. It's bad enough that I have the Samsung SII and they already have the 4 out, but now you're telling me my 360 will also be obsolete? SHIIIT.

TBF, the 360 has been out 7 years now. Anyone still playing catch up has missed the train at this point.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I've had my 360 for 4 but that doesn't change the fact that I feel no need to upgrade it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I've had my 360 for 4 but that doesn't change the fact that I feel no need to upgrade it.

Oh, I feel the same. Whilst I'm fully one board the "one entertainment system" thing, the 360 does a lot of it already so I won't be getting one until at least a year after launch. I was just disputing that the tech has moved quickly. When the 360 originally came out, Cloud saving didn't exist, smart phones were still in their infancy and Netflix just sent discs to people.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Honestly, I don't see what's so great about this system, and this coming from a big X-Box Supporter/Fan, it so many flaws that honestly should be changed before launch if they want many people to get it. I for one am leaning to the PS4, I like getting used games, it's cheaper, I like being able to borrow my friends games also, and hell if my wifi goes out while playing a game on the X-Box One, I'm screwed over. Some big big flaws.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I fully expect Microsoft to backtrack spectacularly between now and release, they have to repair the damage done by Sony. The war is officially on for this console generation.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I fully expect Microsoft to backtrack spectacularly between now and release, they have to repair the damage done by Sony. The war is officially on for this console generation.

Aaaaaannnnndddddd just one week later......

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Now the next gen war is a bit more even. Obviously price is gonna be a sticking point, but the Xbox One is back in the battle!

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well this surely has to make me rethink a few things, both systems seem good this year.

Now it comes down to which will be better in the long run.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am still leaning to getting the PS4 I don't trust that report from MS right now as much I would like too, but I am at least waiting a year to do so to make that choice.