• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nexon “interested” in buying EA

MapleStory and Vindictus publishers Nexon are rumoured to be considering buying enormo-publisher EA, according to Bloomberg. The rumour caused a spike of 6.1 per cent in EA’s shares, which have fallen by 23 per cent so far this year.

EA is the kind of company most people’s grans have heard of, whereas Nexon sit firmly in the big-in-Asia category. But Nexon makes a lot of money from its free-to-play games – they reported an operating income of £714.51 million last year, which eclipses EA’s mere £191.65 million.

The takeover is little more than a whisper at the moment, and both Nexon and EA have stated that they don’t comment on rumours. It’s still intriguing, though. Maybe Crysis 3 will turn out to be a free-to-play Facebook game with a cute dog thing taking the place of Prophet.

Source

:dafuq:

There goes Battlefield, FIFA, and every other games..:sad:

Let's hope it won't happen. :yay:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
I would LOL if Nexon bought EA. Every game they published would have the maple story art style.

#Heel1

The Artiste
At first I was like:"LOL nobody buys EA! EA is the biggest publisher in the US!"

But those numbers speak for themselves. I would love this to happen because I personally hate EA right now and think they are the cheapest bastards to ever dabble in the Video Game industry. Hopefully Nexon will go through with this and we will get some policy changes. (Like not having to pay to play used games online + register a company account on each new or used game.)

#Heel said:
At first I was like:"LOL nobody buys EA! EA is the biggest publisher in the US!"

But those numbers speak for themselves. I would love this to happen because I personally hate EA right now and think they are the cheapest bastards to ever dabble in the Video Game industry. Hopefully Nexon will go through with this and we will get some policy changes. (Like not having to pay to play used games online + register a company account on each new or used game.)

Nexon would ruin every EA games if they bought EA. Nothing to be excited for if it were to happen.