News on Mike Adamle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

- Both John Cena and Mr. Kennedy are set to be on RAW tonight, as they have been away from TV for a week or two working on other projects.

- New ECW Commentator Mike Adamle caused quite a scene during the taping of ECW in London last Tuesday night. Sources close to the WWE told me today that Adamle was incredibly nervous before the show went on the air, and drank a few glasses of wine in catering to calm his nerves. He may have pushed his limit, as I've heard stories all day about Adamle's actions over the course of the broadcast on Sci-Fi. Anyone who watched the show heard numerous botches on virtually every match, and at one point the camera showed Adamle reading off his script. Tazz was said to be very annoyed at having to essentially carry the broadcast, and was communicating with the back during most of the show. Adamle was said to have been very unsure of his performance, asking the production crew if he looked alright in front of the camera. The word backstage is that Mike Adamle will not last long in the ECW commentator position. Vince McMahon was said to have been furious backstage at some of Adamle's mistakes, especially because he spent so long preparing for the broadcast before the show aired.

----------

:laugh: looks like Joey's commin back!

xtremebadass

Dude, I know he sucks, but he is old, old people make mistakes...

come on, Mike Adamle was my new reason to actually watch the damn show!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
It's either Joey's coming back, or Todd Grisham might replace Adamle. It's not a big step up, but at least he knows wrestling.

CenaMark54

It won't be Styles. They made the decision to replace him and I doubt they chnage it.

I'd rather see Josh Matthews than Todd Grisham.

Qwake

Mike Adamle is the reason why im going to start watching ECW, I need a good laugh every once and a while :lol: he called the WWE Championship the WEDF Cham and then realised he screwed it up lol. he was terrible!
check out this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X-s-QEo6fE
that is funny!!! ECW here I come :megalol:
Adamle = WWE's version of Don West!

HHHforever

Reaction score
Adamle is a very serious professional and has been announcing other sports for a long time. I'm sure he's been working on his skills and will improve drastically over time.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
^ Yes.

All of you people remind me of Stan Smith. "DAMN IT, HOW HARD IS IT TO GET SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY PERFECT THE FIRST TIME?!" Christ people, he was nervous as hell, give him a break. If most of you tried to do that job I doubt you could even articulate words, nevermind do something like call a dropkick a leg kick.

Soulpower

I agree with Cenamark. Josh Matthews is an underrated announcer (He was good during the Velocity days) who knows his wrestling and is a flat-out fan of the business. Not only that, he's much younger than Adamle.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Everyone's looking at his one first time broadcast on the E, time will take it's toll and he'll get better. He's been in the broadcasting buisness for a long time, I just don't understand why he's so nervous.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea the nervousness is a bit strange. However as I've said before announcing wrestling is totally different from any other sport that Adamle has ever done. Quite honestly it's almost like he's doing a totally different thing, like he's in a new professional almost totally different than his orginal broadcasting career so I guess I could see why he's nervous.

John

- Both John Cena and Mr. Kennedy are set to be on RAW tonight, as they have been away from TV for a week or two working on other projects.

- New ECW Commentator Mike Adamle caused quite a scene during the taping of ECW in London last Tuesday night. Sources close to the WWE told me today that Adamle was incredibly nervous before the show went on the air, and drank a few glasses of wine in catering to calm his nerves. He may have pushed his limit, as I've heard stories all day about Adamle's actions over the course of the broadcast on Sci-Fi. Anyone who watched the show heard numerous botches on virtually every match, and at one point the camera showed Adamle reading off his script. Tazz was said to be very annoyed at having to essentially carry the broadcast, and was communicating with the back during most of the show. Adamle was said to have been very unsure of his performance, asking the production crew if he looked alright in front of the camera. The word backstage is that Mike Adamle will not last long in the ECW commentator position. Vince McMahon was said to have been furious backstage at some of Adamle's mistakes, especially because he spent so long preparing for the broadcast before the show aired.

----------

:laugh: looks like Joey's commin back!

thank god!! the return of joey will be great. cant wait for him to return. what were wwe thinking when they gave joe the wwe.com job.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^As CenaMark said Joey isn't coming back to the booth. That report also says that Kennedy was going to be on Raw last night, that obviously wasn't true. Adamle will get better, within a month all this Joey taking back over stuff will be over. I like Joey and wish they'd drop Cole instead, but the WWE thinks that Joey can help them out on the site and they're going to stick with that decision for a while I'd imagine.

Qwake

Josh Mathews Could do the job, ive heard him commentate on Velocity/heat and he wasnt bad. ECW shouldnt be much harder then that...

Old Skool

Banned
Reaction score
i like Todd Grisham and Josh Matthews

i think they are awesome as an announce team i'd like to see either one replace adamle. Even though i prefer grisham i think matthews would suit the job better just cos he feels more ecw than todd does.