• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

News on Dean Ambrose's US Title Reign

John McHenry

John McHenry
To think WWE gives a shit about MVP is laughable....More likely Ambrose without the Shield had nothing to really do and got that belt when it was time to make that group look impressive with everyone having belts.
Then why is it still there.

Defiant

The audience doesn't care and even forgets that Dean is champion, Dean doesn't care enough to brag about it and no one ever steps up to challenge for it... It is pointless now and all but officially dead. Everyone seems to be doing fine without it, too.

I say make an angle out of it. Outright acknowledge that no one competes for the title anymore, do a unification match and keep WWE's iconic IC Title.

The Cork

Banned
Have a night to acknowledge the history and prestige of these things, and have Ambrose bin the belt in front of all the legend predeccesors to him like Flair and Steamboat.

Or have Cena win in and make it spin again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Have a night to acknowledge the history and prestige of these things, and have Ambrose bin the belt in front of all the legend predeccesors to him like Flair and Steamboat.

Or have Cena win in and make it spin again.

Assuming you are serious those actually don't sound like bad ideas especially the first one.

Dale

Super Moderator
Or just give it to THE REAL FUCKING AMERICAN, Jack Swagger w/ Zeb Colter. It books itself.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Assuming you are serious those actually don't sound like bad ideas especially the first one.

Really you're ok with the second one?

I agree with Dale. Even gives you a chance to get Hogan involved at some point maybe for an eventual face turn for swagger.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Hogan is just an ambassador, enough shoehorning of him on TV, keep him on the network.

Unify the belts in a MITB match because with one unified title, you need another one.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Really you're ok with the second one?

I agree with Dale. Even gives you a chance to get Hogan involved at some point maybe for an eventual face turn for swagger.

Second one not so much, more his first suggestion.

As for the Hogan thing I don't mind him being involved in the odd angle, just as long as he doesn't overshadow anyone (a bit much to ask sometimes I know) and is used in short busts. If not for him and Bischoff running a mock and TNA being so clueless he could have been a ascent there.

Dale

Super Moderator
So him losing the title on tonights SmackDown tapings in the 3on1 Handicap match is too obvious...right?