Newb

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pickle Dick

Jobber
Reaction score
Name: Pickle Dick ;)
Fav Star: Undertaker
Active:I hope to be active here on a daily basis. Time will tell.
Fav Company: WWE by default, but was a WCW/ECW mark. Am I old? :(
How did I find this place? Tapatalk search

Hey guys, been lurking here for a while. I finally decided to get off my dead ass and register, thought I'd say hello.

Been a rasslin' fan on and off since Hogan beat The Shiek way back when. Kinda stopped watching early 90's, picked back up around 95/96, then dropped out again around 2002. Been out since then until this past Wrestlemania (2013). My 8 y/o son is starting to watch which in turn is getting me back "in".

Been to a bunch of shows over the years in the NYC area. I was there (MSG) the night Austin stunned McMahon for the first time ever and was arrested. Was also there when Triple H came back at MSG. Remember when Hogan (WCW) was gonna run for President? I was there. Tons of confetti and feather boa's everywhere...lol

We have tix to Raw 11/25 on Long Island, me and my kid CANNOT wait!

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Holy shit, somebody that's older than ME! NICE. Welcome bud. 8 year old eh? I got 2 of my own, younger though.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, always great to see fans with such experience in the WWE :obama: Hope you enjoy your time here, and your visit to Raw when the time comes.

Pickle Dick

Jobber
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its great talking wrestling here, and especially with my son.

He is a Cena fan although he won't admit it in public, which is hilarious. I love hearing his take on what might or should happen in certain story lines. Too bad he missed out on the attitude era, and wcw/nWo stuff.

We've watched the shows I was at on YouTube, and some other "must see" stuff for history sake.

Farooq

Reaction score
Sometimes the best way to show wrestling history to a kid is through video games, since it keeps their attention and it's very interactive. If you do, I suggest getting the Nintendo 64 and getting Wrestlemania 2000, and No Mercy, then getting the old WCW/nWo game for the system. If you want to go modern, WWE 12 was with the Attitude Era throwback I think, getting him into that game will show him lots of historic moments during that era, then there's also the Legends of Wrestling series and that WWE Wrestlemania legends game a couple of years ago.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Sometimes the best way to show wrestling history to a kid is through video games, since it keeps their attention and it's very interactive. If you do, I suggest getting the Nintendo 64 and getting Wrestlemania 2000, and No Mercy, then getting the old WCW/nWo game for the system. If you want to go modern, WWE 12 was with the Attitude Era throwback I think, getting him into that game will show him lots of historic moments during that era, then there's also the Legends of Wrestling series and that WWE Wrestlemania legends game a couple of years ago.
WWE 2K14 sounds like you will get to play through some big superstars careers too

Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Reaction score
Sounds like a good game then :obama: Would still wait for reviews and feedback though, since it is a new company making the game. Not to say the new game makers aren't good, but just to wait to see how to make a game to a franchise like WWE.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Sounds like a good game then :obama: Would still wait for reviews and feedback though, since it is a new company making the game. Not to say the new game makers aren't good, but just to wait to see how to make a game to a franchise like WWE.
I didn't know that much about it lol. Just seen a few commercials is all. Hope the new studio does it proper.

Pickle Dick

Jobber
Reaction score
I got him WWE All Stars for Wii. Yeah I know Wii blows, but he's 8.

Its got Hogan, Piper, Andre, Henning, Macho, SCSA, HBK, Slaughter, Snuka, Jake the Snake, and a few other old timers.

What surprises me are the "current" superstars. Some of them I didn't know, and some I didn't know where worthy of being put in a game. Guys like Morrison. I missed the boat on him, never seen a match of his. Drew Mcintyre was apparently a big deal a few years ago? LoL, wouldn't know it from watching now. And Miz as champ? Luckily I missed those dark times. :)

Before Xmas, I plan on picking up a ps3 for him(yeah right, its for me but don't tell the wife that) and scoring 2k14. We should have some battles.

Back in the day I used to have wcw/now on PS2, and a few other wwe titles, all tossed or sold at some point. I could kick my ass for that, but o well

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I got him WWE All Stars for Wii. Yeah I know Wii blows, but he's 8.

Its got Hogan, Piper, Andre, Henning, Macho, SCSA, HBK, Slaughter, Snuka, Jake the Snake, and a few other old timers.

What surprises me are the "current" superstars. Some of them I didn't know, and some I didn't know where worthy of being put in a game. Guys like Morrison, i missed the boat on him, never seen a match of his. Drew Mcintyre was apparently a big deal a few years ago? LoL, wouldn't know it from watching now. And Miz as champ? Luckily I missed those dark times. :)

Before Xmas, I plan on picking up a ps3 for him(yeah right, its for me but don't tell the wife that) and scoring 2k14. We should have some battles.
I can't wait until my son is old enough for that stuff. It's going to be epic!

Pickle Dick

Jobber
Reaction score
I can't wait until my son is old enough for that stuff. It's going to be epic!
Yeah, we've had some late night slobber knockers. Its fun just doing finisher after finisher on his character. He gets so pissed! I call the matches like J.R. screaming "STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" after every stunner. LoL

Yeah, I'm a big kid :)

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Yeah, we've had some late night slobber knockers. Its fun just doing finisher after finisher on his character. He gets so pissed! I call the matches like J.R. screaming "STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" after every stunner. LoL

Yeah, I'm a big kid :)
Me too, the wife refers to me as the 3rd child on a regular basis.

Torturing the kid, lol. He get some wins too maybe?

Pickle Dick

Jobber
Reaction score
Me too, the wife refers to me as the 3rd child on a regular basis.

Torturing the kid, lol. He get some wins too maybe?
Of course, or there would be hell to pay...lol. I hit finishers, then kinda lay down ala Nash v Hogan. Win/win...everyone's happy.

I gotta keep em coming back so I can torture him...lol

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Of course, or there would be hell to pay...lol. I hit finishers, then kinda lay down ala Nash v Hogan. Win/win...everyone's happy.

I gotta keep em coming back so I can torture him...lol
As long as no controllers are broken lol