• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

New WWE PPV in 2013?

Heisenberg

F4WOnline.com is reporting that despite Extreme Rules being moved to May next year, WWE has booked an event on April 28th next year, and early talk is that the event is going to be a new PPV.

Interesting. I seriously don't know what the new PPV could be, anyone could guess really. It won't be KOTR sadly since "talk" is that it's supposed to be a new PPV but that's early talk so they might bring an old PPV back. If they bring back KOTR. That'd be sweet.

Maybe Cyber Sunday?

Dale

Super Moderator
Coming live to you on PPV it's WWE WrestleMania Rematches!

They may aswell call it that, because the vast majority are.

Troy

The PPV after WM is always going to struggle so I don't know why they want to keep having a PPV at the end of April. Why not leave that part of the year blank and then have the next PPV in the middle of May, that way people can save up again after forking out huge money for WM.

Big Red Jericho Punk

The funny part is the last two years the PPV after Mania has been better than last year's Mania. Extreme Rules 2011 was excellent and 2012 was even better.

Prodigy

Banned
I agree with it being better than 27 but 28 I'm not so sure, 28 was pretty good for the majority of it.

Couldn't give a fuck about the PPV name/gimmick, as long as it delivers I'm fine.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
The PPV after WM is always going to struggle so I don't know why they want to keep having a PPV at the end of April. Why not leave that part of the year blank and then have the next PPV in the middle of May, that way people can save up again after forking out huge money for WM.

Less wrestling because people are poor? I can't subscribe to this thought process.

Mr.Mayhem

WHy leave a month free , when they can get 100-150k buys ? As long as PPV buys are going to be +100k i dont expect them to scrap a ppv .

Troy

Less wrestling because people are poor? I can't subscribe to this thought process.

I never said that. I said give it a proper break after WM because that is the most expensive PPV of the year. Most people wont want to fork out cash for a PPV three weeks after WM because they had to pay so much for WM. That is why most people skip that PPV and wait for a better PPV later on in the year before paying for a PPV again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
WHy leave a month free , when they can get 100-150k buys ? As long as PPV buys are going to be +100k i dont expect them to scrap a ppv .

Because PPV buyrates are on the decline and show no sign of stopping so surely extra events can't help any. Also it would help the big events perform better with less of b-shows.

Andy

Unless they come up with some innovative or interesting theme, this honestly doesn't matter considering the fact that they do this just about every year now. It's getting pretty old.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
That's good, I never really liked Extreme Rules being the event that followed Mania. Just seemed too drastically different and over-gimmicky.

Personally, I preferred Backlash. The name couldn't have been more perfect and there was no incentive to place unneeded stipulations on most of the matches.