New WWE Championship Belt on the way

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

During a Q&A session Saturday at the Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia, WWE champion C.M. Punk said WWE is planning to reveal a new WWE Title belt to replace the spinner belt. However, Punk says he doesn't think it is an improvement over the current belt.

"I email people that you people don't know exist and I bother them constantly about this damn thing. There is a new title. I've seen it. I'll probably get in trouble for saying it, but I don't think it's any better than the current one." Punk re-assessed and said, "It's better than this. They literally just made it. It's about 20 pounds heavier than this one. I keep preaching that I want to be the guy - if I'm not the guy who doesn't produce a new title, then I'll be a liar, and I don't want to be a liar. It's out there, and it's coming soon. Probably a lot sooner than the ice cream bars.
After hearing Punk's comments, I don't really have my hopes up. Then again, it really can't be worse than the current one can it?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
After hearing Punk's comments, I don't really have my hopes up. Then again, it really can't be worse than the current one can it?

The answer is one simple word... Yes

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The answer is one simple word... Yes

Considering I hate the spinner belt (even though it doesn't even spin now), I still think there's a chance it will look better than that one.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No. Nothing can be worse than a belt that literally looks like it just came out of a Kids R' Us toy box.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
No. Nothing can be worse than a belt that literally looks like it just came out of a Kids R' Us toy box.

Then again, perhaps they are designing an even more kid-friendly belt?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Then again, perhaps they are designing an even more kid-friendly belt?
Perhaps but Punk did imply it was at least a little better than the current one.

TBH even if it isn't better, it's good to get a new design after nearly eight years with this one...

and I'm quite happy Punk is the one to do it. Which BTW leads me to believe Punk is retaining at NWO.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
and I'm quite happy Punk is the one to do it. Which BTW leads me to believe Punk is retaining at NWO.
Possibly. I may be looking way too deep into this, but the comments about the belt being 20 pounds heavier, coupled with Big Show's recent heel turn, suddenly have me scared that they're thinking of putting the title on Show.

Punk's comments on Twitter the other night about not being rewarded properly for all his hard work just keep me thinking that he's dropping the title sooner rather than later.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Possibly. I may be looking way too deep into this, but the comments about the belt being 20 pounds heavier, coupled with Big Show's recent heel turn, suddenly have me scared that they're thinking of putting the title on Show.

Punk's comments on Twitter the other night about not being rewarded properly for all his hard work just keep me thinking that he's dropping the title sooner rather than later.
If they put the belt on Show I'll be super angry. Big Show is no longer in the place where he needs to be the champion.

Didn't he just have a pathetic three week IC run?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If they put the belt on Show I'll be super angry. Big Show is no longer in the place where he needs to be the champion.

Didn't he just have a pathetic three week IC run?
Yeah, though that pathetic run was as a face. It would definitely be a bad move to put the belt on Show, but I can still see them doing something like that. I guess it all depends on whether he goes over Cena at NWO or not. If he does, I can definitely see him going into a program with Punk. If he loses, all bets are off. So lets all cheer for Cena!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I just hope it doesn't end up looking bronze like the Tag Team championship. Something tells me it won't be a throwback to old NWA titles or other territory belt designs, and will probably be another 'trend setting' design, because otherwise, I think Punk would approve.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The design doesn't have to be that complicated. The undisputed title looked pretty cool

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
There are tons of simple designs that looked cool. Great even. The WWF title from the 80's was fantastic, as was the Eagle belt of the 90's.. not to mention the countless titles produced by Pacific Northwest Wrestling, AWA, and the IWGP back in the day, and even nowadays with the ROH World Title, the PWG World Title, and countless others. I like basic designs that ooze prestige. All they really need is a big slab of gold with some flags, a globe, an eagle, and maybe some silhouettes of wrestlers on it to make it a good belt, but I imagine they're going to go a bit over the top.

Who knows.. we'll see when it debuts I imagine.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
There are tons of simple designs that looked cool. Great even. The WWF title from the 80's was fantastic, as was the Eagle belt of the 90's.. not to mention the countless titles produced by Pacific Northwest Wrestling, AWA, and the IWGP back in the day, and even nowadays with the ROH World Title, the PWG World Title, and countless others. I like basic designs that ooze prestige. All they really need is a big slab of gold with some flags, a globe, an eagle, and maybe some silhouettes of wrestlers on it to make it a good belt, but I imagine they're going to go a bit over the top.

Who knows.. we'll see when it debuts I imagine.

The united states title already has flags

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The united states title already has flags

The United States Title has flag is what you meant to say.

EC was talking about WORLD titles.