New to GIMP, My Artwork:

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
I have just started with GIMP just this past Monday. I have made a few banners, and here's some of my work. The only thing that isn't GIMP is the text, which I do with Paint.NET. Note this isn't all of it, just the ones I can post. :p

RhodesBanner.jpg

Flair3.jpg

RvS.jpg

LeBron4.jpg

ShaqPersonality.jpg

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Sorry but these are pretty bad, the quality difference in some of them looks bad and so does the font in almost every one. Some of the heads are cut off and you left a watermark on one. The Vince/Edge/Teddy Long one just doesn't make sense..

Don't use Arial font on them, looks bad and very basic. Download some font packages and then place them on and do effects to them in photoshop.

Vivido

Reaction score
Don't use paint ever for anything and read some tutorials.

Pretty bad atm, but don't give up as they are dam hard to make and take a lot of practise.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah, switch from GIMP and Paint and download Photoshop. Learn some tutorials and after a while you should start getting better. Much more things you can do in photoshop.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Sorry but these are pretty bad, the quality difference in some of them looks bad and so does the font in almost every one. Some of the heads are cut off and you left a watermark on one. The Vince/Edge/Teddy Long one just doesn't make sense..

Don't use Arial font on them, looks bad and very basic. Download some font packages and then place them on and do effects to them in photoshop.
I should've been more specific. That Teddy/Vince/Edge one is for a Chain RP E-Fed to where Vince is Chairman, Teddy is SD GM, and Edge is RAW GM. I am just a beginner. Where the head cut off of Shaq on the Lakers wasn't my fault, the render from PSD-Dreams came from that and was the only one. I noticed afterwards that LeBron had a dot on him. And I don't do Photoshop and will not do Photoshop. Though thanks for the reply, I know I got a long ways away.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Don't use paint ever for anything and read some tutorials.

Pretty bad atm, but don't give up as they are dam hard to make and take a lot of practise.
I know, I'm just a starter. I will be watching tutorials in my free time from managing a site, a booker, and doing Online College. I won't give up though. It's not really Paint program, it's a download feature called Paint.NET, they are two different things.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Eh, no problem and sorry for the criticism but it helps. You should try photoshop, it's really easy to get used to. When I started using it, I just went through all the features without reading tutorials and after a while I wasn't too bad.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Yeah, switch from GIMP and Paint and download Photoshop. Learn some tutorials and after a while you should start getting better. Much more things you can do in photoshop.
I do not and will not do Photoshop. I'm right now working on GIMP and that is as much as I can take right now, lol. I know I can watch some tutorials on GIMP, get some advice from friends who use the program, and get better. If I get bored with GIMP, I might move onto Photoshop in the future.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Eh, no problem and sorry for the criticism but it helps. You should try photoshop, it's really easy to get used to. I just started using it and going through all the features without reading tutorials and wasn't too bad.
I never said I didn't enjoy criticism. That's a reason to make banners and display them to you guys and other people too. I'm a beginner and I want to be great at them one day. Doesn't help with nobody replying, I'm glad you had guts and was nice enough to reply to this thread.

Vivido

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother doing GFX if you don't intend on using PS. It is better in every way. You can download it for free if you look hard enough.

WTF do you mean when you say it helps when people actually reply? You have had them up for 5 minutes.

Don't think you and I are gonna get along to well if you contuine to post. Then again you have only been here for 5 minutes and I've only been here for 10 and I'm not you, so to soon to judge. Carry on.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah, try for a Photoshop crack on torrent sites. Very easy to find a version and I highly suggest using it as I said in previous posts.

As I said, when I got PS I rarely read or watched tutorials and just learned by seeing other peoples work and asking people that use it and just going through all the features after a while. It may look hard but it gets very easy once you get the hang of it.

You won't improve using GIMP or paint, I assure you. It's just easier learning Photoshop then using GIMP after a while.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
I wouldn't bother doing GFX if you don't intend on using PS. It is better in every way. You can download it for free if you look hard enough.

WTF do you mean when you say it helps when people actually reply? You have had them up for 5 minutes.

Don't think you and I are gonna get along to well if you contuine to post. Then again you have only been here for 5 minutes and I've only been here for 10 and I'm not you, so to soon to judge. Carry on.

I've been a member for a while but haven't been on much, but wanting to change that. I meant it helps when people actually reply so I know what they think and giving me advice and criticism helps me as a graphic maker and make me better at everything I do. Instead of people saying "Good job" or "You suck" or don't even reply at all. My intent isn't to do Photoshop at this time, I'm just getting started with GIMP and that'll be my project for now.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Yeah, try for a Photoshop crack on torrent sites. Very easy to find a version and I highly suggest using it as I said in previous posts.

As I said, when I got PS I rarely read or watched tutorials and just learned by seeing other peoples work and asking people that use it and just going through all the features after a while. It may look hard but it gets very easy once you get the hang of it.

You won't improve using GIMP or paint, I assure you. It's just easier learning Photoshop then using GIMP after a while.

You obviously haven't seen my work from Paint.NET from this past Summer. Paint.NET graphics to GIMP graphics is a huge step in improvement. I am getting familiar with GIMP as the same way you did Photoshop. And I'm not going to bail on GIMP after a couple of days, I want to get familiar with that until I look into downloading Photoshop. I might eventually down Photoshop at summer time at the earliest.

Vivido

Reaction score
The most important part of GFX is attention to detail, so Shaqs missing head and Lebrons dot are two non-excusable mistakes.

My advice is make sure you choose a decent render to begin with. If you are missing obvious things like that you most certinaly won't spot the less obvious things you need to improve on.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Actually the LeBron thing was when I was trying to familiarize with the different type of specials like Colors and stuff.

Shaq thing was the only Laker render of him I could find on PSD-Dreams.

But I'm just a starter, so I'm sure I will improve more as I go on.