New talent pushed, will this continue?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
So on RAW we saw the elevation of R-Truth, The Usos, Bryan Danielson, and Evan Bourne. Hell, we even saw Zach Ryder used prominently throughout the show even if it was in stupid comedy segments. Just the fact that he was interacting with Ashton Kutcher helped him out, so the conclusion can be made that WWE is finally trying to push some new blood on the RAW brand, but will it continue? We've seen this type of thing countless times with this company, elevating guys one week then jobbing them out the next. Do you think this is just another one of those familiar situations, or is WWE serious about changing things up on RAW this time? Lets face it, with Batista/HBK gone and all the injuries WWE's roster, as it stood, was having major depth issues. An easy fix would be to create new stars and it looks as if the creative team figured it out.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
I think they are really serious this time about pushing new talent. I myself am tired of these push and halt pushes they have given in the past. If they don't start pushing new talent now, there wont be any talent to help fill the void once the top dogs start to retire.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The only reason they are pushing these guys is because their big names are taking time off this summer so they need fillers.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
So on RAW we saw the elevation of R-Truth, The Usos, Bryan Danielson, and Evan Bourne. Hell, we even saw Zach Ryder used prominently throughout the show even if it was in stupid comedy segments. Just the fact that he was interacting with Ashton Kutcher helped him out, so the conclusion can be made that WWE is finally trying to push some new blood on the RAW brand, but will it continue? We've seen this type of thing countless times with this company, elevating guys one week then jobbing them out the next. Do you think this is just another one of those familiar situations, or is WWE serious about changing things up on RAW this time? Lets face it, with Batista/HBK gone and all the injuries WWE's roster, as it stood, was having major depth issues. An easy fix would be to create new stars and it looks as if the creative team figured it out.

Thoughts?

The only people that's getting a push out of those you named is Truth. He's the US champ and getting some good wins. The USO's are the because there's no other team for The Harts to fued with. Danielson is feuding with Cole. A commentator. And Bourne will be this months jobber to the stars. Same thing that happened to Mark Henry. And Ryder was with the guest host and got bitched out by a diva. Hardly a push.

-TJ-

Reaction score
I will not be happy until Regal feuds with R-Truth for the us title.

chessarmy

Reaction score
The only people that's getting a push out of those you named is Truth. He's the US champ and getting some good wins. The USO's are the because there's no other team for The Harts to fued with. Danielson is feuding with Cole. A commentator. And Bourne will be this months jobber to the stars. Same thing that happened to Mark Henry. And Ryder was with the guest host and got bitched out by a diva. Hardly a push.

Wrong, Danielson pinned Miz and tossed him onto Cole postmatch which got him over with the crowd, The Usos are being treated as a big deal and they attacked the Heart Dynasty yet again. I don't care if "they're the only team left", they're still getting a push, the fact that they're the only team left for Dynasty to feud with (which is wrong too, because they could feud with Miz/Jericho) has nothing to do with anything. And as for Bourne, he pinned former world champion Sheamus and he teamed with John Cena in the main event. If that isn't a push, I don't know what is...

The point of the thread is will these guys continue to be elevated or will everything come to a halt by next week? There's no arguing that these guys are being made to look much better than they were previously, I don't see how anyone can dispute that.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
it's about time new talent started to get pushed eveyone in the main event has already feuded with each other it's just gotten stale.

andy31652

Reaction score
WWE are desperatly hanging on to older talent... Edge, Orton, Cena are all going to looking into toning down they're work load soon due to repeating injuries. They NEED to start pushing the younger talent

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Wrong, Danielson pinned Miz and tossed him onto Cole postmatch which got him over with the crowd, The Usos are being treated as a big deal and they attacked the Heart Dynasty yet again. I don't care if "they're the only team left", they're still getting a push, the fact that they're the only team left for Dynasty to feud with (which is wrong too, because they could feud with Miz/Jericho) has nothing to do with anything. And as for Bourne, he pinned former world champion Sheamus and he teamed with John Cena in the main event. If that isn't a push, I don't know what is...

The point of the thread is will these guys continue to be elevated or will everything come to a halt by next week? There's no arguing that these guys are being made to look much better than they were previously, I don't see how anyone can dispute that.

Danielson is feuding with Micheal fucking Cole. How is that a push. He pinned Miz so wait. It's not like Miz is being made to look like top shit now a days anyway. He lost the tag titles, got bitched out by Big Show, lost the US title to a retired Bret fucking Hart, he even lost in an unadvertised match to Daniel Bryan. That was his 2nd match he's ever won in the E. The main feud they've been building up on NXT since day one just thrown out there.

Uso's treated like a big deal? They're feuding with The Harts. Enough said. Notice how when they attacked the Harts not once, but twice, they got no reaction. Because the Harts aren't over enough to do that. Miz and Jericho aren't a team. They were together for what 2 weeks.

Great. Evan Bourne got to pin Edge in a tag match. Let's see how they follow that up. Remember Mark Henry helping out Cena last month? How did that end up? Henry was jobbed to hell. Tista and Sheamus tore him up to the point he's not even on tv anymore.

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ Thus the point of the thread, will these pushes continue? The fact that YOU don't think these guys are even getting pushes in the first place leaves you with no opinion though, so you can't really answer the question I posed in the first place.

noumenon

Reaction score
The only reason they are pushing these guys is because their big names are taking time off this summer so they need fillers.

Who are they "filling in" for? The only people currently out of action are HHH and Undertaker. It's pretty much a given that talent needs to finally be built properly, not only to ensure the future of the business but to freshen up the current product. Pretty much every feud combination you can imagine has been does to this point. Inserting one or two more faces or heels into the main event scene on each should would do wonders. There are plenty of people ready to step up to that level, we don't even need to discuss who or why. WWE just needs to start giving younger talent credible wins over bigger names.

CMS

Reaction score
This is what bothers me. You don't have to be elevated to championship matches for you to be "pushed". Mark Henry was stuck in an on and off tag team with MVP doing nothing. For me, the fact that he even was in a qualifying match against Sheamus and was destroyed by Batista is a push, even if he was the flavor of the month. Evan Bourne was hanging around with Gail Kim and losing to Zack Ryder, so him beating Sheamus is a damn big push. The Usos have been in TV for two weeks, and WWE instead of continuing Hart Dinasty vs JeriMiz or throwing another random pairing at the champs are giving two rookies some nice TV time (BTW, don't know what you saw, but I heard some nice heat for the promo they cut, and when they debuted at least some people booed).

Chessarmy said it best, the point is will WWE actually stick to one of those pushes, but I don't think the fact that they are being pushed is arguable.

Oh, and for Daniel Bryan. We have to forget for one second that he was the King of Indies. In the world of WWE, he's a guy who spent the entire season of NXT jobbing and getting ripped in commentary and some cheap shtos by Striker. So for him to beat Miz, even if Miz has spent some nice time the past couple of weeks losing is actually a push. The fact that he was on Raw was a push. And feuding with Cole is a push.Not only does Cole get great heat when set in the ring (watch NXT), but to say it's not a push because Cole is not a wrestler is like saying someone feuding an authority figure aka Vince Mcmahon is not a push.

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ CMS does it again, hey Bonez, read that

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Laughing at getting a win over The Miz counting as a push, nevermind the fact he has 0 cred as a singles wrestler to the common audience. To be fair, beating anybody is a push for Bryan I suppose, considering he lost every match leading up to that.

To the rest, I think Truth's push will keep on and he'll have a title reign similar to Kofi's reign last year, before moving on to a ME feud down the line.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bourne get squashed by Sheamus/Edge this Monday. IF they can keep him looking credible through this month, he has a real chance to do something. But i'm not exactly holding my breath or anything.

Ryder's not getting pushed.

The Usos will be fed to THD at first, and I think those teams will have a nice long feud, and they might gain the straps at some point. This team might actually stick around seeing as they're twins.