New Superstar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
Wrestling Territories- Is Wrestling Better With Or Without Them?

I was wondering...back in the day there were wrestling territories and Vince McMahon bought all of them out. Now my question to you is do you think it is better without the territories or do you think it would have been better if the territories existed today?

I think the territories would be great to have today because there would be competition; making the product better and I think it would be easier for younger wrestlers to get into the business. Now the WWE is the only top pro wrestling product around. I mean there's TNA and ROH but I don't think they have reached the mainstream audience much...

That's just my opinion...what's yours?

Montana

I really dont think it would work today. There still are terriorities, you just dont hear about them. Memphis Wrestling has been pretty big over the years. Ohio Valley Wrestling. I might be wrong, but i think you may be thinking that all 5 or 6 terriorities would be shown across the US, which is not the case. (at least wasnt back then) Each Organization had tv deals across 7-8 states, so if you werent in that area, you wouldnt see any of their shows. Personally i really enjoy the major/ Minor leagues. Its good for wrestling as a business in my opinion. The casual fans are more likely to watch the mainstream wwe. Hardcore fans are satisfied with other companies like roh, tna.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with Montana unless all of the territories were shown Nationwide the country as a whole wouldnt be affected, only the areas who get to see the shows. Hardcore fans have their shows and as do casual fans, itd be a similar makeup still

Onyx

Reaction score
Hey mates, I'm the newest superstar to the TWC roster. I really liked the vibe and look in this Wrestling Forum. So I decided to join. I hope everyone is really chill here and can have fun discussions with. And just to let everyone know, I'm a kid that grew up in the Attitude Era! So I'm pretty sure, I'll have a lot in common with my fellow older fans. And here a my Top 15 Favourite Wrestlers I've ever watched and enjoyed.

1. Kane
2. Grandmaster Sexay
3. Scotty 2 Hotty
4. Wade Barrett
5. Test
6. Chris Benoit
7. Dynamite Kid
8. Stevie Richards
9. Shawn Stasiak
10. Charlie Haas
11. Val Venis
12. Essa Rios
13. Heidenreich
14. Rene Dupree
15. Hardcore Holly

I would also, like to add a quick specific detail about myself: been a WWF/WWE since 1998-Present.

Ben

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope you like it here and stick around.

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
Welcome or else!

You have a different taste in wrestlers but at least you were smart enough to put KANE at the top.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler